Butch Jones should never coach again!!!

Where is the evidence? The video the mother said she saw where the OL was beating him for 8 - 10 minutes with no stoppage by any of the coaches. You show me that video, and I'll believe the story. As CJP says, tape don't lie.

VN Fan Justice Flowchart
(Please read and follow accordingly!)

Option #1
IF: Jones here in year 7 with 2 straight wins over Bama, UF, and UGA, 1 SEC Title and 1 playoff berth. National COY. Fans want an extension before Bama gets him.
THEN:. Who is this disgruntled clown who couldn't cut it on a real team, and is now being paid by rival ___ to bring us down?

Option #2
IF: Jones still here in year 7 with 50% wins over the big 3. 2 East titles. 7-3 this season, and still in the East mix mathematically. Fans getting itchy.
THEN: Not sure about this, but this is a kids life, so it needs investigation at least.

Option #3
IF: Jones is who Jones is. Left our glorious program as flaming dumpster. Went to our rival while collecting our check. Then gladly smokes a victory cigar in OUR House after being the one primarily responsible for decimating the team just defeated. Fans gnashing teeth still after two years.
THEN: McDaniel and momma's testimony should be included as the 5th Gospel and 67th book of the Protestant Scriptures!

Carry on!

PSA:

This kid could be a sore butt-hurt vindictive baby who didn't get things his way and is stretching the truth (sure gives off that vibe) AND......

Butch Jones can still be a terrible HC

Not a conspiracy theorist, I'm just saying it's possible both of the above statements could be true..

Reactions: Lurker and tbh
I don't like Butch, but everything in that video was a complete fabrication. UT investigated the complaints McDaniel made in an attempt to not have to pay Butch his full buyout. They found absolutely zero evidence to corroborate any of the claims.
Yeah, UT wishes this were true. This all came up a few years ago. UT would not cover for Butch.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Who knows

Maybe it was an act, but I remember him deferring to the med staff when asked about an injured player's status, as if he did not make those decisions. The guy might have been on his last nerve toward the end, but I never thought he fooled around with medical protocol.

VN Fan Justice Flowchart
(Please read and follow accordingly!)

Option #1
IF: Jones here in year 7 with 2 straight wins over Bama, UF, and UGA, 1 SEC Title and 1 playoff berth. National COY. Fans want an extension before Bama gets him.
THEN:. Who is this disgruntled clown who couldn't cut it on a real team, and is now being paid by rival ___ to bring us down?

Option #2
IF: Jones still here in year 7 with 50% wins over the big 3. 2 East titles. 7-3 this season, and still in the East mix mathematically. Fans getting itchy.
THEN: Not sure about this, but this is a kids life, so it needs investigation at least.

Option #3
IF: Jones is who Jones is. Left our glorious program as flaming dumpster. Went to our rival while collecting our check. Then gladly smokes a victory cigar in OUR House after being the one primarily responsible for decimating the team just defeated. Fans gnashing teeth still after two years.
THEN: McDaniel and momma's testimony should be included as the 5th Gospel and 67th book of the Protestant Scriptures!

Carry on!
Option #4. Some of us saw through his used car salesman schtick from the start and recognized early on that the injury patterns/rates and attrition weren't "normal". Some of us understood that it was likely much more Jones than Hurd when Hurd left. Many if not most... spent time trying to excuse him from being responsible.

Jones was dishonest and couldn't coach. As a combination, that makes options #1 and #2 were never realistic.

Reactions: igotworms
It might not be 100%, but 50/50 is bad enough.

Makes me wonder about Butch calling another player coward.

Usually the truth is in the middle. It’s not about the truth. It’s about what you can prove.

I wouldn’t put anything past Butch at this point.

There was no excusing JJ after his rant towards the staff that Butch put together, until they were gone and reasonable people were brought in to clean up their mess.

Any lawyer would eat him alive on the stand.
exactly my point! And I don’t want us to have to pay for his stupidity and frankly evilness if any of this is true and a former players decides to sue- to hold the university or athletic department culpable.

exactly my point! And I don’t want us to have to pay for his stupidity and frankly evilness if any of this is true and a former players decides to sue- to hold the university or athletic department culpable.
Talking about the kid. That’s the most lucid I’ve ever seen him. This “gang of players” yarn is bs. That has a way of coming out. And his original tale of getting retribution because he dominated Trey Smith shows how ungrounded he is. As previously stated, no lawyer worth a crap would allow him in front of another lawyer. There’s a reason this is an “exclusive” on YouTube.

Reactions: Volanta
Talking about the kid. That’s the most lucid I’ve ever seen him. This “gang of players” yarn is bs. That has a way of coming out. And his original tale of getting retribution because he dominated Trey Smith shows how ungrounded he is. As previously stated, no lawyer worth a crap would allow him in front of another lawyer. There’s a reason this is an “exclusive” on YouTube.
The person who interviewed him has a book for sale.

It might not be 100%, but 50/50 is bad enough.

Makes me wonder about Butch calling another player coward.

Usually the truth is in the middle. It’s not about the truth. It’s about what you can prove.

I wouldn’t put anything past Butch at this point.

There was no excusing JJ after his rant towards the staff that Butch put together, until they were gone and reasonable people were brought in to clean up their mess.

It's not even 50-50. Maybe 10% of what he said is true and the 90% BS makes that 10% unbelievable. I'm not going to spend my time running McDaniel down, but he's in the position he's in because of him, not because of Butch Jones, tutors, teammates or anyone else. It's all on him.

Again, UT tried desperately to verify his claims so they could reduce or outright deny Butch his buyout payments. Archived practice video, security video and interviews with players and support staff verified that none of what he described happened.

It's not even 50-50. Maybe 10% of what he said is true and the 90% BS makes that 10% unbelievable. I'm not going to spend my time running McDaniel down, but he's in the position he's in because of him, not because of Butch Jones, tutors, teammates or anyone else. It's all on him.

Again, UT tried desperately to verify his claims so they could reduce or outright deny Butch his buyout payments. Archived practice video, security video and interviews with players and support staff verified that none of what he described happened.
What 10% would you think would be true?

Today was the 1st time I’ve seen or heard of any of it. I’m not even sure what day at practice he was referring to. Was there video proving him wrong? Was there no video? Did he have an injury? Did he have surgery? How soon was he back on the practice field? Did he ever wear a green jersey?

It’s not the 1st time I’ve heard stories of Butch name calling. This is big boy football, but you have to question the motivational tactics that Butch is accused of using.

Preston being called by some random name comes to mind.

Didn’t a player get punched for walking on the power T in the locker room?

Sometimes the you can’t prove the truth. It’s still the truth.

My lack of context puts me at a loss.

Just because UT couldn’t reduce the payout doesn’t mean 10% is the number.

I would take this story serious if Pete Thamel did an investigative scoop and quoted Mykelle McDaniel's girlfriend as an inside source.

VN Store

Back