Butch Jones rumored to be in Tuscaloosa

What’s not truthful about that? It’s 100% spot on. Manning has publicly supported every coach from Fulmer to Jones, just like he’ll do with Pruitt.

Thanks, KB. Some people just don't get it. Doesn't make PM a bad person...but he's an ambassador for UT...good or bad.

Reactions: 1 person
No, it's hate. Don't be afraid to call it what it is. And if the reports are true, Saban disagrees with the haters. And no offense, but I think his opinion carries a bit more weight.

Saban’s bringing Jones on, if he actually goes, at Jimmy Sexton’s request. He’ll bury him among his couple dozen analysts in hopes of “rehabbing” his image, like he’s done 3 times previous now, so that Jones can get a job in a year or two and help put money in the pocket of the man (Sexton) who has represented him for a good while now. It’s about as transparent as it can be.

Saban won’t be hiring Jones because he thinks he’s a good football guy/coach/mind or else he’d have him as one of the 10 coaches on his staff that have direct impact on his players and their games. No, he knows there’s no way he’s letting Jones and his utter ineptness anywhere near the actual team.

For Saban it’s, do Sexton a solid, bury Jones as an analyst, help him clean his image and viability by being affiliated with him and the Bama program, send him on his way to tier 2 job that better suits Jones’ m.o. in a year or two. That’s the plan imo.

Reactions: 3 people
Thanks, KB. Some people just don't get it. Doesn't make PM a bad person...but he's an ambassador for UT...good or bad.

Exactly. He’s essentially Switzerland when it comes to Tennessee head coach endorsements. Like you said, he’s a diplomatic ambassador.

Saban’s bringing Jones on, if he actually goes, at Jimmy Sexton’s request. He’ll bury him among his couple dozen analysts in hopes of “rehabbing” his image, like he’s done 3 times previous now, so that Jones can get a job in a year or two and help put money in the pocket of the man (Sexton) who has represented him for a good while now. It’s about as transparent as it can be.

Saban won’t be hiring Jones because he thinks he’s a good football guy/coach/mind or else he’d have him as one of the 10 coaches on his staff that have direct impact on his players and their games. No, he knows there’s no way he’s letting Jones and his utter ineptness anywhere near the actual team.

For Saban it’s, do Sexton a solid, bury Jones as an analyst, help him clean his image and viability by being affiliated with him and the Bama program, send him on his way to tier 2 job that better suits Jones’ m.o. in a year or two. That’s the plan imo.

:hi::rock::good!:

Sexton just have something on Saban.

No, it's hate. Don't be afraid to call it what it is. And if the reports are true, Saban disagrees with the haters. And no offense, but I think his opinion carries a bit more weight.

People used this to say Dooley would be a great coach.

Saban is hiring Butch as an offensive analyst. He's hired lots of other assistants who suck as HCs, too.

People used this to say Dooley would be a great coach.

Saban is hiring Butch as an offensive analyst. He's hired lots of other assistants who suck as HCs, too.

I don't remember anyone predicting Dooley would be a "great" coach. And I'm not predicting that Butch will be great, either. I just said don't be surprised if he is successful somewhere else down the road. It's not that crazy of a prediction.

Anyway, the haters can dismiss this however they want to. I guess they just feel like they need to, for whatever reason.

I don't remember anyone predicting Dooley would be a "great" coach. And I'm not predicting that Butch will be great, either. I just said don't be surprised if he is successful somewhere else down the road. It's not that crazy of a prediction.

Anyway, the haters can dismiss this however they want to. I guess they just feel like they need to, for whatever reason.

He may be okay at some small school. It's not that crazy (or "hateful") to say that the coach who delivered the worst season in 100+ years of Tennessee football isn't a good coach, either.

He knows that Butch is a good coach with a track record of success. He's not blinded by irrational hatred. He knows that just because he did not meet our high expectations, that does NOT mean that he has nothing to offer as a coach.

All of you who have so much hate in your heart over Butch should really think about just letting it go. The man is gone.

And BTW, don't be surprised if he goes somewhere else and is successful there.

Please explain why you jumped to the conclusion "I have so much irrational hatred in my heart over Butch"?? I simply asked a question on why Saban wants him on the staff - it doesn't make sense to me. Not sure how you made such a quantum leap - but okay.

Last edited:
Please explain why you jumped to the conclusion "I have so much hate in my heart over Butch"?? I simply asked a question on why Saban wants him on the staff - it doesn't make sense to me. Not sure how you made such a quantum leap - but okay.

Sorry if it seemed like I was directing that solely at you. It was more of a general observation.

Last edited:
He may be okay at some small school. It's not that crazy (or "hateful") to say that the coach who delivered the worst season in 100+ years of Tennessee football isn't a good coach, either.

You're right. And everyone is entitled to their opinion. My guess is that Saban isn't just looking at last season in his assessment of Butch.

Maybe he's looking at the guy who took over a disaster at UT and improved us from a 5-win team to a 9-win team -- and who did a lot of other positive things as a head coach in the toughest conference in cfb.

Maybe he knows something we don't that makes him comfortable not putting too much stock in last season's record. Who knows?

Reactions: 2 people
Please explain why you jumped to the conclusion "I have so much irrational hatred in my heart over Butch"?? I simply asked a question on why Saban wants him on the staff - it doesn't make sense to me. Not sure how you made such a quantum leap - but okay.

He’s all in his feeling.

Remember Lane Kiffin? After torpedoing his career and marriage, he joins Saban's staff, let's his own sour news grow stale, then nabs a rehab HC gig with a G5 wannabe. Seems to be working for him. Butch Jones wants some of the same pixie dust and will serve Lucifer's Vessel to get it.

I honestly think Saban has grown bored with simply winning.
He now wants to challenge himself by winning while surrounded by as many failures as he can assemble.

He knows that Butch is a good coach sloganeer with a track record of success capitalizing on Brian Kelly's recruiting strategies. He's not blinded by irrational hatred doing Jimmy Sexton a favor. He knows that just because he did not meet any reasonable our high expectations for an SEC coach in their fifth year, that does NOT mean that he has nothing to offer as a coach program salesman.

All of you who have so much hate in your heart over Butch should really think about just letting it go. The man is gone. LEAVE BUTCH ALONE!

And BTW, don't be surprised if he goes somewhere else to a Div II school and is successful there.

FYP...

Volfan102455 thanks you for promoting revisionist history of Butch's tenure at UT Hacksaw; he was getting tired trying to do it all on his own.

VN Store

Back