Butch Jones Post Arky Presser

There will be coaching changes in the off-season but it won't be CBJ.

Right now I see Azzani, Mohoney, DeBord on the endangered list. Too early to tell on Jancek and Martinez especially when you factor in injuries.

We also lose our QB's Coach as he is a grad assistant in his last year.

Peyton, Sam Pittman and TCU OC look good right now.

Tell the Alumni to start writing checks.

He would just bring in more of his buddies.

This guy is over his head. His hires proves he has no ****ing business coaching in a power 5 conference let alone the SEC. He just lost to a guy who has been on the job the same years he has , has recruited way behind him and lost to a ****ing mid major!

This was an absolute measure of CBJ and the measure came up loser. Time to move on.

You guys bring up recruiting, but what would you call Drew Morgan? He was barely recruited by any programs, but he dominated Arkansas high school football. Bielema evaluated him and offered. It's a lot like the Wes Welker story.

I admit, if you get a lot of 5 stars, you're more than likely going to win a lot of games. I also believe that there are LOTS of kids flying under the radar. These kids are from places that aren't known for big-time recruiting or they don't go to all of the Nike camps ir whatever. Arkansas has a lot of 3 stars, sprinkled in with 4 and a couple of 5 stars. Look at who performed well for Arkansas tonight and then go see their ranking.

Bielema proved at Wisconsin he was great at evaluating and developing talent. I trust that more than recruiting rankings.

It is clear that injuries have impacted the defense and offense, Maggitt is probably the biggest loss on defense and North, Croom and Pig were more important than anyone realized.

Go Vols!

It is clear that Jones and his staffs idea of a halftime adjustment is to tweak the bass on 3rd down for what.

They have repeatedly gotten their a--es handed to them in the second half since they showed up.

Reactions: 1 person
You guys bring up recruiting, but what would you call Drew Morgan? He was barely recruited by any programs, but he dominated Arkansas high school football. Bielema evaluated him and offered. It's a lot like the Wes Welker story.

I admit, if you get a lot of 5 stars, you're more than likely going to win a lot of games. I also believe that there are LOTS of kids flying under the radar. These kids are from places that aren't known for big-time recruiting or they don't go to all of the Nike camps ir whatever. Arkansas has a lot of 3 stars, sprinkled in with 4 and a couple of 5 stars. Look at who performed well for Arkansas tonight and then go see their ranking.

Bielema proved at Wisconsin he was great at evaluating and developing talent. I trust that more than recruiting rankings.
Maybe it's time to get 2 and 3 stars

Penn State has recovered quicker than UT. And I'd say their situation was a bit more dire. We had Kiffin and Dooley. They had child molesters.

8FxEa.gif

Lol. What gif is this? I'm sure I'll have to use it a couple times in the near future on this site.

They lost to Temple and barely beat Army. Not sure how recovered they are.

Well, they're 4-1 and feeling pretty good about things, and we're 2-3 and feeling significantly less optimistic. You play the teams on your schedule and your record just reflects Ws and Ls.

they all new it would be another year..expected sec title this year.

next year if this **** happens..fire them all..this year get rid of oline coach.. anything is better then this crap after 3 years

It was worse after dooley's time. I get it that you're tired of losing though.

Right now our best receiver is Josh Smith

Internet tough guy. Attack a fellow vol for being positive unlike most others. Just because you and everyone else are negative, doesn't mean you have to bring others down with you. Btw, Congrats on your 4 state titles!

Thanks!
Didn't win 4, but I did win 1 (in the state of TN I might add)
It was fun being a winner, I just wish this program could supply that same feeling..

It's ridiculous how much leverage they give coaches in these contracts. I mean Jones should have been a straight 4 year deal with the buyout dropping by the 3rd year. 4 years is plenty. Oh now i remember we gave him a extension for a 7-6 season. Oh well we have a bad coach and a bad administration. We're pretty much screwed.

But we HAD to extend him last year....after a .500 season....with no signature wins....and that big, historic, mid-level bowl "championship"?..... never mind.

Well, they're 4-1 and feeling pretty good about things, and we're 2-3 and feeling significantly less optimistic. You play the teams on your schedule and your record just reflects Ws and Ls.

So you are saying we should schedule much much easier and no pen state fans are not happy

But we HAD to extend him last year....after a .500 season....with no signature wins....and that big, historic, mid-level bowl "championship"?..... never mind.

Butch was the TALK of many off season conversations. If, if Tenn had not given an extension and he had taken another job, the fans would have been after the AD for not paying him

Butch was the TALK of many off season conversations. If, if Tenn had not given an extension and he had taken another job, the fans would have been after the AD for not paying him

Stupid fan will be.....well just stupid fans.

I wouldn't coach at this place!!!! I wouldn't want to be any part of this ignorant self entitled fan base!!!! I love my VOLS n want em to win and love my bro's n sis's in that beautiful orange but dang man they is just some stupid fans out there. Y'all claim to hate coaching searches but want to have em every year or 2!!!! SMDH

VN Store

Back