Butch Jones' Monday Press Conference

Summary of the press conference

We have some individuals, who are individually individualistic. There are some individuals who are banged up and some individuals who need to work on their individual eye discipline. It's a process for these individuals. These individuals need to play with passion. I'd like to see this individual high five that individual.

Reactions: 6 people
Kamara coming back is kind of a big deal

Love the looks for Byrd and Callaway on ST

Also like that Nigel Warrior is getting a chance to start, especially against a team as heavy on the run as Kentucky is

Reactions: 1 person

We have some individuals, who are individually individualistic. There are some individuals who are banged up and some individuals who need to work on their individual eye discipline. It's a process for these individuals. These individuals need to play with passion. I'd like to see this individual high five that individual.

Nicely done, sir

Brooks to Oline?

Hall or Kendrick not well then. Otherwise, why comment on a redshirt. Offseason move.

First thing I thought as well.

At this point, I would think this shows Brooks may be more ready as a blocker than Niehaus or Johnson at this point. Mounting injuries to get through the season means getting creative.

John jelly should have been returning all year. The only reason I know of that he wouldn't is you are trying to keep him healthy.

Because we had an All-American at returner in Berry?

Unless you're referring to punt returns, in which case, I would agree. Although we were also pretty set there too with Sutton then Kamara.

it was truly amazing to hear a man use the word individual that many times.

You forgot resiliency

John jelly should have been returning all year. The only reason I know of that he wouldn't is you are trying to keep him healthy.

Also, didn't Kamara just get his knee rebuilt? That's amazing. Don't tell me we have a s and c problem. That's stupid.

1. Evan Berry is the best kick returner in the country and in school history....that's why Kelly hasn't been returning kicks.

2. It was reported that Kamara's knee injury wasn't as bad as initially thought and that's why he's able to return this year. And since he didn't actually require surgery, I don't think he now has a "rebuilt knee".

I honestly can't keep up with who all we have lost at this.

I feel like the entire starting line up is out and we are burning red shirts left and right on both sides.

Brooks to Oline?

Hall or Kendrick not well then. Otherwise, why comment on a redshirt. Offseason move.

Unless he has bulked up significantly, he's too small to play OL...he was listed at 225 as a recruit...with that east tennessee cooking and the weight room he "might" have gained 15 to 20 pounds but that still puts him 50 pounds too light for OL right now...he's 6'5 so he could definitely grow into a tackle...

No offense to AK, but I don't want to risk him fielding punts the rest of the year. Toss Callaway back there fielding punts, hell, even kickoffs and go from there.

it was truly amazing to hear a man use the word individual that many times.

If I were still a practical joker, I would get a recording of a screaming 4 year old girl, and set it off over the PA every time Butch says individual in a press conference. I realize he is the cliche king, and I can deal with that. But his love affair with his favorite word is just annoying.

If I were still a practical joker, I would get a recording of a screaming 4 year old girl, and set it off over the PA every time Butch says individual in a press conference. I realize he is the cliche king, and I can deal with that. But his love affair with his favorite word is just annoying.

Seems like an awful lot of work for something that doesn't really matter. :boredom:

Reactions: 4 people
Because we had an All-American at returner in Berry?

Unless you're referring to punt returns, in which case, I would agree. Although we were also pretty set there too with Sutton then Kamara.

You mean the berry that had a HAM STRING INJURY the first half of the year and was still nursing? That berry? Smh

I'm happy for Bain and many others. Wish we could have gotten big leads early in some of our earlier games....i.e. appy st. ohio and got them more meaningful reps. UT displayed good team chemistry against Tn. Tech. Pass defense is what UT needs to fix more than anything IMO.

Hope the Vols get a Cam Sutton sized boost in that department this week.

-On a side not I would honestly start Warrior at one of the CB spots. There is too much talent behind Moseley and Martin to let that nonsense continue. H*ll, I'd take Jennings and Byrd at corner over those two at this point.

Unless he has bulked up significantly, he's too small to play OL...he was listed at 225 as a recruit...with that east tennessee cooking and the weight room he "might" have gained 15 to 20 pounds but that still puts him 50 pounds too light for OL right now...he's 6'5 so he could definitely grow into a tackle...

I think he was around 255 when he got here, so he could easily be 270 .

He looked significantly heavier than 225 in fall camp.

Also, didn't Kamara just get his knee rebuilt? That's amazing. Don't tell me we have a s and c problem. That's stupid.

AK had the same injury as the Steelers QB had and he is back already (even with the surgery)

VN Store

Back