Butch Jones critique/support/discussion (merged)

I've been advocating for Hart to be fired for a few years. Don't think it'll happen anytime soon. He's too entrenched and has Cheek (who doesn't know a football from a tomato) and DiPietro's support. Too bad - he's absolutely wrecked the Athletics department.

I feel dumb for saying this and never thought I would be in this camp, but unless we do something like Bama did and bring a proven winner (eg bring Kelly back from NFL like they did Saban), I don't think I can get my hopes up anymore.

Our rising mid major or whatever route isn't showing up in the win column. Butch is a good recruiter and human being but the results and decisions aren't there at this point

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
After all the pain, the ups and downs, the firing of Fulmer, the hype and debacle of Kiffin, the Rush hire of Dooley, putting up with his history lessons instead of coaching, firing of Derek, being told no by a few coaching only to bring an excellent recruiter and hype man into the fold. But much like a carney trying to guess your weight you have just paid the man $2 for a $1 product it is all the same....we are nowhere.

Reactions: 1 person
well, I am at home. I am pissed... no, sad. The problem I have is what I have had for several years now, I will grumble and talk to myself as the week progresses, asking why? The really bad part is I will prepare to watch the Ga/Tn this coming Saturday. It is what it is, I will not change colors but losing sucks azz

Most on here screamed bloody murder when Debord was hired. It looks like we were right.

Because, believe it or not, we have common sense.

Someone who hasn't been an OC in almost 10 years was hired to run an offense he's totally unfamiliar with is an AWFUL choice for an OC.

Pair that with Mahoney and Azzanni's god awful coaching, and you have a recipe for disaster. Fire all 3 of them and you'll see a much better offense.

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah.

Butch just lost to the.coach who was looking worse than Derek Mason and tried to out Botch him with a fake FG.

But you cant out botch Botch.Jones.

aggervaiate? Must be a UT grad.

Obviously,you are a Alabama grad and failed to learn standard English:

aggervaiate (v): to be from any Southeastern Conference school and manage to piss off a Volunteer, which is, of course, illiterate.

Really DiPietro, Cheeks and Hart all need to be fired. It is pointless to fire Butch if those three will be making the coaching hire decision.

Want the football program fixed? Fire Cheek, fire Hart and fire Lyle... Tomorrow.

Go get Blackburn as AD, keep the chancellor out of it and get an interim coach for the rest of the season.

Let Blackburn hire the next coach... If you start next week, you've got a hell of a jump on everyone else.

Oh, and impeach Haslam if he does t get Cheek out.

Jones better fire some assistant coaches or he may need to go. Butch hired friend as OC and it may get him fired. Jones just can't coach on game day! He has a lot of talent but doesn't have a clue how to use it.😡😡

You guys called it. Congrats... You think these coaches or players felt any support. It isn't easy to listen to everything they heard this week. Negativity has set in and probably will not end well. Make the next coach is a Dooley make over, it may be worse. The only reason we are in games is because of the talent Jones has recruited. Yet none of you will let it mature, we are still weak in a lot of areas. That does not mean we can't win, but calling for a coaches head like most were this week isn't good for the program. He is in his Third season 5 games in, our oline is not good, rb is great, qb is still learning and developing, wideouts aren't helping. That isn't play calling. Offensively we score enough most nights to win, I believe we passed the ball more tonight than in any game yet, the result was worse. We run the ball to protect a weak defense who haven't matured into what could be. Most only see all the star recruits, what I see is talented young men who need time to develop. We don't have that luxury and have to play with what we have. Yeah I still support Jones, but honestly this fan base, I hope he resigns.

Did you really say that a Junior QB is still developing and learning.....A QB that has had significant playing time every year he has been here. A Junior QB that has ran the same offensive scheme for three years now. I'm no rocket scientist...BUT OUR QUARTERBACK IS....LITERALLY!!! If he doesn't have the offense down by now he may want to step aside and prepare for a future with NASA instead of trying to prepare for a SEC defense. Oh, wait...maybe he can get 1% better this week or give 64 effort instead of 63 or maybe keep throwing up bricks to receivers with brick hands or whatever the next catch phrase Butch "NO STONES" Jones thinks of next.

Reactions: 2 people
Butch has 14 wins
1. Austin Peay
2. Western Kentucky
3. South Alabama
4. Kentucky (2)
6. South Carolina (2)
8. Vandy
9. Utah state
10. Arkansas St
11. Iowa
12.UT Chat