Butch is a gutless coward

What an embarrassing thread. Sickening. I'm calling you a coward op. Nothing but a bunch of little b*tches.

McElwain got asked about his players guaranteeing the win and other taunts. The reporter asked "are these things that can be life lessons". CJM, kinda snickered and said "yeah, definitely good life lessons, when you can't back it up".

Similar lessons in this thread. :)

Reactions: 1 person
That one punt was from their 38 or so, not ours..Down big cbj made bad call IMO.
My biggest ***** of game was the way Coach looked like he had never won a game in his life ...calling time out with 5 seconds left in game and then holding offensive meeting. We were up buy 2 scores...WTF say what you want, CBJ (and I like him as person) is not the brightest bulb in the box!

You have no idea what he said to his players.... They were up two scores.... Not a lot of bad can happen in 5 seconds and up two scores. That fact that you're complaining about this tells me you might be a poon.

Reactions: 3 people
I know I know but let's enjoy this while we can. They are sitting at home and don't know what to do with themselves. But your right, the first lost we have they will be back in force that's all they got to live for.

First loss hell. They'll be back tonight or tomorrow telling us how bad the jawja game is gonna go. Those kind of people are never happy!!!

The second half was absolutely impressive, and I am very, VERY happy about it. That doesn't change my opinion of how poorly the team looked (from schemes and coaching decisions all the way to execution) in the first half, but I certainly prefer finishing strong to starting quickly and not finishing.

Given my qualifying comments, I don't foresee crow on my plate any time soon, but if the consensus begs to differ, I will happy eat it. I just hope they figure out how to put together an entire game soon; I'm not sure they can make that kind of comeback at TAMU or against Bama.

Which schemes and coaching decisions bothered you in the first half?

For me, the worst coaching decision in the first half was not kicking the FG in the first quarter...I understand the emotion involved in wanting tie the game, but the book is to take points early....

But what schemes and decisions bothered you?

For me, the worst coaching decision in the first half was not kicking the FG in the first quarter...I understand the emotion involved in wanting tie the game, but the book is to take points early....

Which is the decision he made in the Oklahoma game...and that also got him mercilessly ridiculed lol.

Reactions: 2 people
2 timeouts, 40 secs, at home, needing points and don't try? GTFO HERE

Seems like a very smart call by Jones. He needed to get the team in the locker room before anything else bad could happen. It worked out very well. Intelligence is often better than stubbornness of fans.

Reactions: 5 people
For all you youngsters, please remember that we are supposed to beat teams like Florida and Alabama. Don't act like we won a national championship.

I know many of you don't know what all this is like. But this is what being a Vol is supposed to be like every day of your life.

Remember to punch a bammer in the face for this is your birthright.

OMG!!! Just STFU!! You started this thread calling Butch Jones a Gutless Coward!!! Don't even PRETEND to tell someone how to act...
:the_finger:

Reactions: 22 people
MMWA___FAN

Are you bi polar or just plain stupid. Bi polar can be managed with medication. Stupid is not fixable.

Butch Jones may be alot of things. Gutless is not one of them.

Boys' gotta a mouth like a cannon......always shootin' it off
That boy's about as sharp as a bowling ball
I say that boy's strictly GI...Gibberin Idiot that is
Foghorn J Leghorn circa 1961
Pick one they all work.

Reactions: 4 people
You have no idea what he said to his players.... They were up two scores.... Not a lot of bad can happen in 5 seconds and up two scores. That fact that you're complaining about this tells me you might be a poon.

Go ahead and remove the "might". :wink2:

Reactions: 4 people
What Tennessee fan wouldn't be mad at halftime, but you're the one who called out CBJ like he was a vagrant. Own what you said, admit that you are a complete moron and GTFO. All will be forgiven

Reactions: 6 people

Given the result, the FG would have been the better option in the first quarter, but I'm never going to be upset about being aggressive that early in the game.

Schematically, I felt like there were too many pre-snap checks and changes (as opposed to snapping it with 20-25 seconds on the play clock) early. I think going faster early would lead to more offsides (and Gator mental mistakes) later. I get that there are legitimate reasons (if the call is stretch run, and the box is stacked to that side, it would be helpful to check to the other side, move a blocker, go to a quick pass, etc.) behind it, but they needed more hurry up, quick snap plays early. Additionally, I thought more snaps from under center would have been helpful to get the run (and play action) game going. We are much less successful with WR screens than ideal, so I would go with more underneath crossing patterns and quick slants and dial back the bubble screens. As was stated after the game, the offense didn't really change, they just started executing. I would not have been that patient; I would have tweaked my approach once I saw it was not being executed. Then again, maybe that's why I'm just an armchair quarterback :good!:

On the other side of the ball, they looked pretty good aside from the busted coverage chunk plays. That's just execution.

As for coaching decisions, my biggest complaint is that I felt like after picking up a large chunk on the play before half, they should have gone hurry up (with another run, so as so not stop the clock if short or throw a pick six). Never know when Hurd/Kamara/Dobbs might pop one for 20+. Who know, could have stolen 3 points.

Sticky this thread for future reference. It is a roll call for every moron on here with out a clue about football. Idiots, ban yourselves to your shame and talking football with catlady.

Reactions: 2 people
What Tennessee fan wouldn't be mad at halftime, but you're the one who called out CBJ like he was a vagrant. Own what you said, admit that you are a complete moron and GTFO. All will be forgiven

Sadly the clown OP still doesn't get this. There's a great difference in being upset at halftime and calling someone a "gutless coward" over a situation that 9 out of 10 college coaches would have played the same way.

I'm witnessing the same shyt everytime live in person these mfer's are so tight...

Ok fellas so i posted at Halftime at the game.. I posted two things first page.. Not saying i wasn't wrong after looking at things yea I was pissed but who wasn't.. at least I didn't leave the game..

VN Store

Back