Butch Approval Poll Post Arkansas

Do you still support Butch Jones after the Arkansas game

• Total voters

Volunt33rs

NO FUTURE IN JG
Please read disclaimer at the end before voting. This is an approval poll sampling VN. The question is not about firing Butch, but a question if you personally are supporting him. I was told a new thread would be good as people could change their vote,

Do you support Coach Butch Jones post Arkansas game?

Previous Poll Post Florida:

Yes: 294 votes 31.82%
No: 630 votes 68.18%

Current Poll Post Arkansas:
TBD

******This is not a poll asking if we should fire the coach, but a poll of approval rating, it is understood firing him is out of the picture, but this is intended to sample the coaches job rating

Last edited:
If Butch keeps recruiting like he has been, we could have a monkey coaching and will still be successful. I think he needs some time. Some coaches are only successful with a veteran group of players.

I voted no but not 100%. I don't like the idea of another coach's contract being bought out and going through the whole "hire a new coach" carousel. The OU/FL losses really hit hard, and FL beating a very good Ole Miss team that beat Bama is fuel on the fire. FL's trouncing of Ole Miss would have made us look good if we stayed undefeated.

What would worry me is if we actually win enough games to be bowl eligible and David Hart decides that's enough to give Jones an extension.

I love TN, but these games are getting painful to watch.

Arent ya'll all glad we wasted all that time watching pressers and reading Bleacher Report and RTI and such getting pumped up for this season?

As of right now I do not support Butch. He has been great for the program (off the field): made us somewhat relevant again, amazing recruiter, and understands the tradition. He just can't win. Although, I honestly don't want to see him go unless we can get a guaranteed, homerun hire. However, I don't see how TN can even afford another coach with Butch's current buyout (especially don't foresee us being able to afford a homerun hire while paying Butch $2 million a year to sit at home).

I voted definitely yes.... Just to be contrarian

At the beginning of the season, most on here said he needed to win at least 2 of the 4 games against: OU, UF, Arky and Mizz.

He's 0-3.

The team looks worse than it did at the beginning of the season. IMO, this is because of 2 things:

A) Coach in-fighting
B) Players doubt/no longer believe the bull**** coming out of CBJ's mouth hourly

Reactions: 2 people
No. Same position that I have held since December, 2012.

Only now I have a lot more company.

It's apparent that coach Kelly at notre dame is the reason why butch is successful. He wasn't at a place long enough for people to see his recruits and thus coach Kelly players were the one that butch built his resume on. Not saying that he good recruiter, he is great! But that's not his total job it's only a third of his. He has to be an ambassador of the university he gets an A, he is an awesome recruiter A+, but the talent isn't producing on the field F ! Being competive is cool, but winning is better. He isn't and that's problem. If the talent wasn't there and these were playing above their potential, I would be cool, but they are not they are only getting by, and he needs to go. Matter of fact from the administration, Ad, and head coach. We need a winner Go Vols!

VN Store

Back