Burrell - Out for the Season

I don't know if this is a big loss or not but he was a starter for a reason.
Sorry he’s out and I hope he recovers nicely. But he was starting because we don’t have SEC caliber DB’s on the roster. Said it last week and I’ll say it again. If Burrell was starting, that is all you need to know about our talent level in the secondary. He got torched routinely the last two years. Why folks can’t understand that, I’ll never know. I have given up trying to convince people.

Reactions: Vfl2407
First game against our biggest rival ever besides Bama and thrown into the fire against a red hot AR. I'll wait a few games before i judge them. Secondary is definitely our achilles heal though this year it seems.
Red hot? We gave a ten yard buffer in every section of the zone. A toddler could’ve made those throws. We played terribly. Burrell might be slow, but he knows his assignments.

Red hot? We gave a ten yard buffer in every section of the zone. A toddler could’ve made those throws. We played terribly. Burrell might be slow, but he knows his assignments.
And he gave large cushions when he was playing as well because of lack of speed and poor cover skills. Really frustrating to watch.

We will probably gameplay similar to UF. I think it will have better results, LSU's QB is not an elite passer, probably not even as good as AR.

First game against our biggest rival ever besides Bama and thrown into the fire against a red hot AR. I'll wait a few games before i judge them. Secondary is definitely our achilles heal though this year it seems.
Red Hot? He literally doubled his passing yards for the year in that game alone. We kind of let him be a little red hot to be honest. He certainly made some good throws, but he was flat out awful before that game. Bama is in two games, so if they haven't figured it out by then I'm not sure what will happen against a reigning heisman QB.

Will miss him simply for knowing the defense. He got burned some or played too far off the receiver but he was generally in the right spot and made the tackle after the catch. Saturday we had guys not even in the right area code. At least Burrell was “close” to the receiver. Get well soon, bud.

I’d move turrentine to cb. Need to get the best athletes on the field. Charles needs to get better in a hurry too.
And as if it wasn’t already known, we need a couple known and dependable assets at cb and s from the transfer portal badly this offseason.

Can’t cover but could at least tackle. So we found out why he started lol
Burrell isn’t terrible in a short field. He struggled a lot giving that huge cushion. Blueprint of this defense is pretty obvious, if you can throw you can carve them up but they’re going to try to force you to move the ball down the field through the air and hope you turn it over.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
If you want to critique our pass defense fine, but doing it about a specific kid on a thread about him being out hurt for the year from his own fan base is pretty gross. There is a time and place for things and just because you may fully believe what you are saying does not mean you should say it when ever and where ever.

VN Store

Back