Buchanan in the portal

We are slipping in recruiting. Missing on every big time targets outside of Lewis and Brooks. Now we are starting to lose guys to the transfer portal. But I am sure good ol Fulmer thinks everything is just hunky dory in Knoxville.

Lol. What a clown show we are.

Huh? Are we not on the verge of a full class right now and top 5 at that. Did I miss something where we lost everyone?

I know we suck on the field. But, not seeing a need to start wringing hands over the class yet, just bc BB transfers. He wasn't going to help us anyway.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Jarvis Jones had the same issue. Went on to play in the NFL without issue.
'The NFL Beat': Spinal Stenosis.
Medical experts totally disagree. If playing is more important than the risks, smoke 'em if ya gottem'. If you end up a quadriplegic don't sue and expect to blame it on someone else. I suppose there is the severity factor, however your example is the exception, not the rule.

Medical experts totally disagree. If playing is more important than the risks, smoke 'em if ya gottem'. If you end up a quadriplegic don't sue and expect to blame it on someone else. I suppose there is the severity factor, however your example is the exception, not the rule.

Playing football with spinal stenosis doesn't make you more or less likely to suffer a catastrophic spinal cord injury; feel free to cite a credible medical source that says otherwise.

Playing football with spinal stenosis doesn't make you more or less likely to suffer a catastrophic spinal cord injury; feel free to cite a credible medical source that says otherwise.
By definition the condition increases pressure on the nerves exiting post stenosis. Again severity being the key. I don't think if were my kid (much like the eldest Manning bro) I would need a study to tell me it was a big risk. If Buchannan was at no risk I have to believe they would have played him. I'm sure the university were looking out for his health as well as possible liability. If ya feel there is no risk go ahead and play somewhere else. I'm sure his not playing the past 2yrs was not because he wasn't good enough.

I too have stenosis, degenerating discs, and curvature so I guess my football playing days are over. Because I have the back of an 80 year old.

My back may be bad, but my front is OK!

only occasionally does my top cause problems!

He wasn’t going to play here regardless. I wish him the best wherever he goes and mostly hope he has a healthy career.

There’s some gray area here in sports medicine. Doctors at USC told him he was done before he transferred to Georgia. Several teams in the NFL won’t draft if this is in medical history.

Eh, maybe, but its a relatively common occurrence that there is no blanket, 'if you have this you should not play football' prognosis.

VN Store

Back