BTO’s Georgia postgame report

While any self-respecting fan does not want to see a loss from the VOLS, it is best they get it out of their system now and not during tournament time. How many times each year do you see teams run through the regular season with only a loss or two, and then collapse during the tournament time? You kind of expect a loss or two from your teams as they learn how to gel for the tournaments.

Calm down folks it's just a win Over Georgia.this team has potential but inconstant guard play will cost them at some point. they have accomplished nothing other than beating a number one team and anyone can do that any given Saturday
You are completely uninformed

Bradshaw really struggled to talk about the game as he blubbered on about all kinds of junk that was of no interest to me. I don't care if we're up by 100 points, I still want the commentators to talk about the game being played. If I'm bored with the game I'll turn the channel.

Vols played awesome!

Reactions: ttocswob
Calm down folks it's just a win Over Georgia.this team has potential but inconstant guard play will cost them at some point. they have accomplished nothing other than beating a number one team and anyone can do that any given Saturday
Boo this guy

Also I love that we wore the throwbacks again. I really hope they are just made the regular home uniform, as long as they make an orange version too.

Reactions: RollerVol
Bradshaw really struggled to talk about the game as he blubbered on about all kinds of junk that was of no interest to me. I don't care if we're up by 100 points, I still want the commentators to talk about the game being played. If I'm bored with the game I'll turn the channel.

Vols played awesome!
Much better than listening to poor Vince.

Reactions: iVolSoHard
Anyone can beat the #1 ranked team in the country, eh? Sure thing buddy.

I’ve complained about free throws and. Now I have nothing to complain about. lol.

I was actually wanting Barnes to go to the bench earlier than he did, but then I was sad we let them get to 50...

Last edited:
Ok. Thanks coach.

You still thinkin 5 more losses. found a guy that has us losing 1 more, but he also sees Auburn cleaning the slate. Warren Nolan. Personally I think Auburn is one we'll win. Be playing for conference. These guys are getting better every game. And I know it was just GA, but seeing Bowden and Kyle come on like they are is really getting me a stiffy.
I’m not sure I ever predicted 5 more losses, I think I just said that those saying no running the table or 1-2 losses was pretty lofty expectations when analaytics were saying 5 losses. The road is no joke in conference play, just ask UK...I have a hard time thinking we don’t slip up or have a bad game or 2, has any team ever gone through a whole year without a couple bad games?

I understand this. But someone made the program that calculates said statistical program. What I’m saying is that the program/algorithm/whatever had us ranked outside of the top ten before today, it is flawed
It’s a computer. Will never be perfect. He openly admits that. Still a lot better than what anyone else does

You've got to enjoy a historic win when you get one. It was the largest margin of victory from either side in the entire 156 game series and almost the largest SEC victory for Tennessee ever; only eclipsed by when Tennessee beat Mississippi 102-55 on Jan. 8, 1966.

So, the largest margin of victory for Tennessee in the SEC in over 50 years.

These guys are playing fantastic basketball. It's been a thing of beauty this season.

Last edited:

Vols played awesome!
Excellent post.

1. What an absolute gem of a ballgame, Georgia is no powerhouse but they are a P5 team and a conference for that game to Knoxville looking for a marquee win under first year coach Tom Crean and Tennessee absolutely embarrassed them in every facet. You see 15 and 20 point wins from time to time but that was about the worst beating Tennessee has put on anyone so far this year and it was a conference game, wow.

2. The offense was once again elite...53%fg 33%3pt 85%ft Continue elite O, but most impressive was 2pt%. Georgia is among the nations elite in 2pt defense holding opponents to 43%, Tennessee shot 61% from 2pt land which is a tick above their season average, that is really impressive. Tennessee was around 1.3ppp which is as good as they’ve been all year, in short Tennessee’s offense is among the nations best right now. Shooting 85% from the line and only 9 turnovers on 25 assists is just icing on the cake for this offense, they’re already good but hitting free throws at a 85% clip and single digit turnovers take this offense to another level.

3. On the other end of the court the defense was much better...holding Georgia to around 0.68ppp would rank as Tennessee’s best defensive effort all season long, that is a great sign as to date the defense hasn’t been as good as last year. A big reason for the improved defense was the domination on the boards, Tennessee outrebounded Georgia by 15, that has been an area Tennessee has struggled this year. It’s too early to tell but if Tennessee can find an improved defense and closer to where they were last year this team is at another level.

4. Grant/Admiral/Bone have become the definition of consistent, you know what you’re going to get and they bring it every night, what an absolute luxury. 18pts&8rbds, 18pts&6rbds and 11pts&5ast today...all 3 are playing at such a high level and Tennessee fans need to recognize what they’ve get in those guys because they deserve to go down among the most beloved.

5. That was a heck of a game from Jordan Bowden, 20pts on 8-13 shooting, he was aggressive and showed off an offensive game at all 3 levels. He has really responded well to coming off the bench and while his outside shot still isn’t where it was he’s now doing other things and showing a level of confidence offensively fans and coaches have been begging for, hopefully it continues.

6. That was a NBA eye opening performance from Kyle Alexander...he showed an aggressiveness he has often lacked and rebounded the ball at a level that will earn him a ton of money. We already know he can run the court and alter shots, he’s shown us a developed offensive game as well, but the rebounding has been lacking and if it continues like he showed tonight he’s going to be a NBA Draft pick and Tennessee becomes an even better team.

7. It was great to see Lamonte Turner out there, he missed some shots and had some rust but just the fact he was out there is a great sign and you can tell his teammates were excited as well. Tennesseee can use the depth and the punch off the bench, they’re already obviously an elite team but if he can approach the player he was last year and fit into what this team has been doing they will be built even better for March.

8. You never know what is going to happen on the road in SEC play, look no further than Alabama beating Kentucky today on opening night in league play, but with that said the early conference slate for Tennessee definitely sets up for a potential run. Vols next 2 are on the road at Missouri and Florida, if they can win those 2 they likely will be heavy favorites in the next 9 games after that which includes 6 home games...again going on the road is never a given, I don’t care who the opponent is, but something worth keeping an eye on.

GBO!!!
Nice summary BTO. I like your quick usage of stats to prove your points.
I thought Turners presence encouraged the other guys even when he didn’t shoot well, he was competing hard!
I don’t think we’ve ever had a team where we legitimately had 5-6 players capable of scoring 20 pts.
I watched the Jordan B assist to Alexander in slo mo about 5 times. Just an absolute beautiful basketball play.

Reactions: twoffo

Accomplished nothing other than beating a number one team and we are 12-1? Geez, people will complain about anything.

Lighten up Francis they looked good no matter who it was. Give them some credit they beat the mortal crap out of them. Yeah and we will see how many times duke gets beat on any given Saturday. This comment by you is so typical of a lot of people on here. Just never enough is it!!!!!

The best thing about today's game, other than the win, was seeing #1 out on the court. The ovation from the crowd when he got off the bench to check in was awesome. Sure he was a little rusty but knowing that he's going to be able to play was a huge sigh of relief. Guarantee before the season is over he will hit a huge shot to win a game when it's on the line. He's a dog and has ice in his veins. Welcome back Lamonte!

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back