BTO’s Duke NCAAT Postgame Report

I think a game against Michigan State for a chance at a first Final Four would be awesome. I have no doubts it would be tough to win, but it would be a great game.
Awesome but quite frightening. You'd be facing a guy that's been there how many times. 1 Championship, 1 Runner up and about 9 F4s. Izzo knows how to beat you and somehow gets his guys to execute when he gets to the 8. I'll have to pull for K St in that match up. Want no part of Mr March.

Reactions: Godfatha
I think their posts will get a fair amount of production. They're going to spread the floor and get a lot of one on ones inside with no help defender. Goldin and Rosado combined to average something like 16 points per game.
I don’t see their posts hurting us 1-1, the key imo is going to be to run them off the 3 line and not help if beat, make them make a tough 2 rather than kick out open 3.

Does anyone think their Russian is going to give our post guys trouble?

I am not impressed with the 7' Russian. UP is no quick twitch fast guy but he moves a lot better than this guy. He lumbers a lot might be why he landed at a mid major. Although my opinion is just based off of his play against the little ppl of FDU so that might have made him look slower.

Reactions: walkenvol
Awesome but quite frightening. You'd be facing a guy that's been there how many times. 1 Championship, 1 Runner up and about 9 F4s. Izzo knows how to beat you and somehow gets his guys to execute when he gets to the 8. I'll have to pull for K St in that match up. Want no part of Mr March.

I understand the reasoning, but I don't we have any good choices in the round of 8.

Rick Barnes responds to narrative that Tennessee played dirty against Duke

I saw some other thread out there about UK fans laughing at Sports Center’s defense of Duke‘s loss…. e.g. “VOLS should have been charged with more fouls for their physicality.” Saw attached a few minutes ago… so glad that Coach Barnes swept that nonsense away in his presser. Keeping my fingers crossed for our team…. Hope they continue this incredible journey in NYC.

Go VOLS!

Reactions: BruisedOrange

VN Store

Back