BTO’s Colorado Postgame Report

So Tennessee needs to find more consistency from their perimeter shooting but Bama is once again shooting the lights out???

Bama: 34.7% from 3 as a team, 3 games 38% or better, 5 games 32% or worse.

Tennessee: 36.2% from 3 as a team, 4 games 42% or better, 3 games 26% or worse.

42 to 26 is a much bigger deviation than 38 to 32 which would indicate less consistency (assuming you based those cutoffs on something reasonable).

I’m not going to defend the “Bama shooting the lights out” part but we could definitely stand to be more consistent.

Reactions: berryvol
Without getting too far in this discussion, I am sure we’re much more able to compete with the likes of Alabama then we were last year. I’ve seen enough of this team to know we have some shooters.

My one issue is if we are going to play JJJ at the 4 exclusively moving forward, then we need one of the other wings to step up. Not anything major, but 10 mpg from Mashack would be nice

My one issue is if we are going to play JJJ at the 4 exclusively moving forward, then we need one of the other wings to step up. Not anything major, but 10 mpg from Mashack would be nice
Why? I think Powell sees an increase in minutes which is what many folks have been asking for.

Chandler 35/Zeigler 5
Vescovi 30/Zeigler 10
Powell 30/Bailey 10
James 30/ON 10
Fulky 25/BHH 10/ON 5

I think 30 MPG from Powell, despite my liking of him, is asking too much and I think Mashack can be better than Bailey by February.
Powell got 28 last night iirc, which was at altitude, seemed alright…I got no problem giving him 28-30…I’ve said I would try and bring Mashack along when those opportunities are there, brings great defense and rebounding, I would worry a little though currently about if he’d be respected at all from 3, while Bailey is inconsistent teams at least guard him out there which helps spacing.

I think we're going to destroy Texas Tech. Their best win is against a 3-6 Grambling team. They lost against the only real team they played. It's also at MSG, so crowd won't really be a factor for them.

1. Chandler and JJJ were the co players of the game yesterday.
2. The SEC will be a very tough conference to get through this season.
3. Texas Tech likes to run and gun so the defense will be tested Tuesday night.

1. Chandler and JJJ were the co players of the game yesterday.
2. The SEC will be a very tough conference to get through this season.
3. Texas Tech likes to run and gun so the defense will be tested Tuesday night.
TTU is around 200th nationally in tempo, they don’t play fast

1. Officials were awfully inconsistent and simply wrong on a couple calls.

2. Announcers were clearly pro-Colorado/pro-Pac12. Glad we don't play any games on that sorry Fox network.

Ala beating Zags
Arkansas very tough
Kentucky loaded roster
UT all around talent and loaded roster,

SEC by far toughest conference. Gonna be hard to win the conference title.

I think we're going to destroy Texas Tech. Their best win is against a 3-6 Grambling team. They lost against the only real team they played. It's also at MSG, so crowd won't really be a factor for them.
We will see significantly better defense than what we saw at Colorado. We will have to shoot better from three in this game for sure. Texas Tech is not gonna just let us drive to the basket for layups over and over.

It was the PAC 12 broadcasting crew.
I figured as much given that the Pac12 and Fox Sports have a contract together. Still, it seemed like the kind of low-rent homer broadcast analysis that we'd get from Steve Hamer and Vincent Yarbrough in a Tennessee vs UT-Martin type matchup.

It gives me a greater appreciation of the SEC Network and the SEC's affiliation with ESPN.

Same situation as when we played Nova. Teams are pretty even on paper. Be a good test either way and an exciting contest.

Same situation as when we played Nova. Teams are pretty even on paper. Be a good test either way and an exciting contest.
KenPom has Tennessee #10 and Texas Tech #20, Nova was like #4 and Tennessee #13 iirc…he had Nova favored by a few, I think Tennessee probably is favored against TTU by about 3-4.

We will see significantly better defense than what we saw at Colorado. We will have to shoot better from three in this game for sure. Texas Tech is not gonna just let us drive to the basket for layups over and over.

Ummmm... don't think they "let" Chandler drive - he's just that good. Trying to savor every game with this kid - they will be few and go by fast !

Ummmm... don't think they "let" Chandler drive - he's just that good. Trying to savor every game with this kid - they will be few and go by fast !
Well, Texas Tech has been one of the best defenses in college basketball in recent years. Despite the coaching change I still expect them to be a major upgrade over Colorado.

I figured as much given that the Pac12 and Fox Sports have a contract together. Still, it seemed like the kind of low-rent homer broadcast analysis that we'd get from Steve Hamer and Vincent Yarbrough in a Tennessee vs UT-Martin type matchup.

It gives me a greater appreciation of the SEC Network and the SEC's affiliation with ESPN.
Stevie Hamer is one of the best analysts anywhere around. Yes, he played for UT, but that doesn’t mean he is totally biased. The guy knows the game better than almost anyone.

VN Store

Back