BTO’s Arkansas postgame report

bleedingTNorange

1. The final score isn’t going to tell the whole story, that was a dominating performance from Tennessee and who Arkansas isn’t a great team they hadn’t lost a game by more than 6 points all season until tonight. Tennessee came out with energy and focused and just took control early, the game was never in doubt and that’s all you can ask for in a conference matchup.

2. Through 4 conference games who do you think leads Tennessee in PPG? SEC POY Grant Williams? No. Admiral Schofield? No. Jordan Bowden? That is correct. Through the first 5 SEC games Jordan Bowden leads the Vols in scoring, let that sink in for a minute. Bowden is really flourishing and hopefully soon I will stop asking myself if this is going to go away and start expecting this from him every night.

3. With the return of what appears to be the old Lamonte Turner our bench has quickly become and absolute weapon with a lot of firepower. His conditioning is lacking as you could see a couple of time tonight, and he was careless with the ball a couple times, but that’s also the nice thing about games like this is we can afford to let him work his way back and through some mistakes.

4. Offense was special, but the defense left a lot to be desired and we were definitely sloppier than normal. Allowing them to shoot 48% from the field would go down as 2nd worst on the year only to the Kansas game where we let them shoot 50% on the game. 17 turnovers is also WELL above our average and not something you typically see from this team, even though it was a dominating game there will be plenty for Barnes to be unhappy about.

5. Neither Williams or Schofield are off to overly hot starts to SEC play, yet Tennessee is blowing teams away and off to a 4-0 start. This team has a lot of options and while those 2 guys are the best this team is showing they can get it done just about every possible way, and a lot of that I feel is credit to Jordan Bone, he really commands that team when he is out there and gets guys really good looks. You saw a glimpse of it tonight even with the turnovers, but Tennessee very well has a chance to have the best offense in all of CBB, they have so many options.

6. With the win Vols move to 15-1(4-0), if they can get the win Saturday against Alabama there’s a very good chance that Tennessee could be #1 come Monday, should be a sold out rocking crowd at TBA and plenty of motivation for these guys against Alabama. Looking further ahead as I mentioned before, can Vols get to 23-1(12-0) before they head to Rupp? 8 more games to go!!!

GBO!!!

Last edited:
Tennessee is 4-0 in SEC play and has outscored their 4 opponents by 100 points. 😳

Jordan Bowden is an entirely different player. I'm convinced he's either been hypnotized or possessed. That is not the same player. Confidence at an all-time high. 19ppg in SEC play.

Sloppy play is born out of uncompetitive games. This could have been a 35 point win had we wanted it to be.

The balanced scoring is ridiculous. 21, 19, 18, 17, 12, and Jordan Bone wasn't one of them (he had 8).

Most fun team to watch in my life.

I hate bitching about defense when the game was basically over in the first few minutes, but the sloppiness was frustrating. We all know they can do a lot better, and I'm sure they will against better opponents.

Obviously an amazing offensive effort tonight. They're fun to watch.

Tennessee is the 3rd major conference team over the last 20 seasons to outscore their first four conference opponents by 100+ points. They joined 2000-01 Duke, who won the National Title and 2012-13 Florida, which went to the Elite 8.

So I have an 11 year old daughter who is in love with UT sports. Mostly football and softball as I have been able to take her to both. She currently is a catcher for a travel softball team. Anyone care to or have the ability to get me 2-4 tickets to a basketball game? I love what our boys are doing and feel like this is the perfect time to take her to something that is this special this year. Feel like it will get her hooked into this sport as well. Sorry, not looking to offend anyone for handouts but I have seen some on here like to help out when they are able. Thanks if possible

Posted this in the recruiting forum already but posting here for more basketvol junkies like myself

Kind of a strange game, pretty sloppy from both teams (especially Ark). Honestly, we didn't look very focused but just shot unbelievably well. Think we were like 75% from three with 7:30 minutes left and 90% from the line both of which is absurd. But I imagine Barnes was not happy.

This was maybe only the 5th or 6th game I was able to watch entirely so perhaps my two cents isn't worth much, but I've seen enough to say it's final four or bust for this squad if all healthy

Reactions: Vols All Day
That was a sloppy performance overall. Very weird game to watch, seemed like they were playing terrible but the points just kept ringing up. I guess it was the many fouls that made it seem that way. Good win by big margin. Onward and upward.

Sure is a pleasure to watch them shoot free throws, damn! Blistering!

Reactions: StrangeVol
That was a sloppy performance overall. Very weird game to watch, seemed like they were playing terrible but the points just kept ringing up. I guess it was the many fouls that made it seem that way. Good win by big margin. Onward and upward.

Sure is a pleasure to watch them shoot free throws, damn! Blistering!

It wasn’t a sloppy performance.

Pretty much dominated the whole game until we got lazy towards the end.

Believe it or not, the score could have been much worse.

Only way we slide to #1 is if Virginia and Michigan both lose, and even then I'm not sure they don't just keep Duke at #1 in that scenario.

Only way we slide to #1 is if Virginia and Michigan both lose, and even then I'm not sure they don't just keep Duke at #1 in that scenario.
Virginia isn’t jumping up. We are also thumping teams. We’ll be 2 with a win this weekend

This team has a great psyche going right now with amazing production from Bone, Tae, Bowden, Grant, Scho and Alexander. Then you still have 12 fouls to use and nothing but hustle with Fulky, Ponz and Walker. I hope we’re not #1until after the nets are cut

Sloppy passing was the only real negative I saw tonight. I think the team quickly figured out they were going to win and then just played a little too relaxed. Bone's shot was not falling. Oh well, won by a large margin, bigger than scoreboard suggested.

the jackhole on Sportscenter doing the highlights called Admiral "showfield".

Awesome

A lot depends on this weekend. If Duke beats Uva then we have a chance at #1 if Michigan doesn't move up to #1. If Uva beats Duke I believe they will be #1, Michigan #2, Vols #3

Reactions: Vols All Day
Virginia isn’t jumping up. We are also thumping teams. We’ll be 2 with a win this weekend

Virginia would beat #9 and #1 this week if they win Saturday. That could warrant #1 in AP and there already #1 in coaches. Duke won’t stay #1 if they win. They’ll drop to 4

Reactions: crazyguy

VN Store

Back