Bryson Eason ready to be 'old-school linebacker' for Vols

kamoshika

1591883408884.png

The Vols are losing one hulking inside linebacker with Daniel Bituli moving to the NFL, but Eason will fill that void and he's proud of being the bigger kind of linebacker who plugs gaps against the run, chases down ballcarriers and tackles with power. During his conversation with GoVols247, Eason referenced one of the Steelers' linebackers, presumably Levon Kirkland, the two-time Pro Bowl selection in the 1990s who wreaked havoc on offenses as a 6-foot-1, 275-pound linebacker (or so he was listed).

“(My weight) doesn’t really matter to me, because there was an old-school linebacker, I forgot his name, played for the Steelers, he was a [pretty big] dude, but he was getting that, though,” Eason said. “They loved him. It really didn’t matter, he was making plays still with all that weight on him. As long as it’s not holding me back, I’m fine with it, and I don’t really care what anyone has to say, because I’m out there playing, not them."

Bryson Eason ready to be 'old-school linebacker' for Vols

Not real thrilled about the lack of weight lifting this summer. That could put him behind the curve.

Kid needs more cardio for sure. But the power is there. He's a hefty dude but he doesn't have a gut a 270 he's a powerhouse and just needs to strain an be able to use that power every snap. And he's probably a 4.7 guy...he's a monster

6'2" 255 is probably his ideal weight at LB

Kid needs more cardio for sure. But the power is there. He's a hefty dude but he doesn't have a gut a 270 he's a powerhouse and just needs to strain an be able to use that power every snap. And he's probably a 4.7 guy...he's a monster

Looking at his picture, I think he will be very good at 260-265. Dude can move and run over people. We have needed someone like him for years.

View attachment 286037

The Vols are losing one hulking inside linebacker with Daniel Bituli moving to the NFL, but Eason will fill that void and he's proud of being the bigger kind of linebacker who plugs gaps against the run, chases down ballcarriers and tackles with power.

Well, I knew this guy was good......but I didn’t know he was THIS GOOD.....D&@N!
Sideline to Sideline monster...can’t wait to see him play!

My concern is more injury when he has to use that power more often than he's used to.

I'm looking forward to seeing if he can play heavy. Unique player if he can.... the kind of guy who can change games.

My concern is more injury when he has to use that power more often than he's used to.

I'm looking forward to seeing if he can play heavy. Unique player if he can.... the kind of guy who can change games.

Same here.
That's why i said he needs to improve his cardio and learn to strain more.

The weightlifting helps too, but bone density only improves so much under weight training.

The great cardio is what keeps people aware and reflexes sharp after extended stress.

Same here.
That's why i said he needs to improve his cardio and learn to strain more.

The weightlifting helps too, but bone density only improves so much under weight training.

The great cardio is what keeps people aware and reflexes sharp after extended stress.

Bone density is also genetic. I haven't seen much of him but it looks like he has a large, thicc(lol) frame which is often an indicator of higher bone density...not always though.

Oh Lawd!!! I don't think I'd ever saw his senior highlights (link below if you've not either) but this guy is, and is gonna be, a BEAST. Disgonbfun!

Wow...he needs to improve his lateral quickness a little but man he arrives on the scene with bad intentions! He looked like the water boy on a few of those hits.

Oh Lawd!!! I don't think I'd ever saw his senior highlights (link below if you've not either) but this guy is, and is gonna be, a BEAST. Disgonbfun!

It's down right assault on every hit. I think the most impressive thing about him, besides his absolute disregard for life on the football field, is his straight line speed. He may not have the agility of some other guys but he has deceptive speed for a big man. I'm thinking he will be the first of the Memphis 3 to make some noise in Neyland. Dude is ready for SEC ball.

VN Store

Back