Bryce Brown To Canada?

RNVol

WICHITA, Kan. – The top-ranked player in last year’s high school basketball class, Brandon Jennings, skipped college to play professionally overseas. Could the same thing happen in football?
Brian Butler, the controversial manager of the top-ranked football recruit, Bryce Brown, is open to the idea. Butler told The Times that if approached by a Canadian Football League team, he’d consider sending Brown there.
Butler said he planned to have someone explore the possibility of Brown playing in the C.F.L. next season. “If they were talking about any amount of real money, I’d guarantee it,” Butler said of Brown potentially playing in the C.F.L. He mentioned a C.F.L. team paying Brown $5 million a year for three years.
He added: “We’re not playing around. I can promise you that. I’m not scared at all to do anything, and Bryce isn’t either. Hey, he’ll hurt your feelings. He’s not worried about your feelings. He’s worried about what’s right and what’s wrong.”
Brown would be eligible to play in the C.F.L., because there’s no minimum age limit. In the N.F.L., a player has to be three years removed from his high school graduation class. But Brown’s price tag could be a hitch in Butler’s plans: C.F.L. teams have $4.2 million salary cap … per team.
Still, this notion raises an interesting possibility. Could we actually see a player leave an American high school and go straight to Canada?
Bryce Brown to the C.F.L.? - The Quad Blog - NYTimes.com

Maybe its just me but Kiffin will have to seperate this leach from Bryce before he should be allowed to put on the Orange & White

Maybe it's just me but there is a Bryce Brown thread, and a Bryce Brown to the CFL thread other than this one as well.

MERGE!

Wait a minute, this guy has a manager? I am a little skeptical of this situation.

Yeah, his "mentor" might make more headlines in a few years no matter where he goes. The was an Outside the Lines report on this guy the other day I believe.

I was really excited about our chances of getting BB before I heard of how big his ego is. What highschool kid has a manager/mentor? Give me a 3 star or 4 star with a chip on their shoulder before a guy who thinks his **it smells like roses.

Maybe its just me but Kiffin will have to seperate this leach from Bryce before he should be allowed to put on the Orange & White

Have you seen the list of schools this guy still has on the board. That, coupled with the comments of his "manager," tell me one thing -- he is looking for a big payday from somebody. If so, we should run as fast as possible in the other direction.

Kiffin said it himself that he feels like this recruiting class isn't done yet, that it may take a few more weeks. Well isnt BB the only thats going to decide in 3 weeks.

What a slim of a mentor. The most telling part in there was the HS coach stating that BB kills team chemistry. That he was all about himself.

VN Store

Back