Bryce Brown: A Lesson in Pride

The guy played in the league for how many years? He must have made some decent money even if he didn't get that first contract. But then rookie NFL contracts aren't very good unless you are drafted early. You get drafted in the 5th/6th round and make good, you are an indentured servant for, what, 3/4 years, which are usually a pro player's best years.

Throwing stones at Bryce Brown for his attitude means that you haven't kept up with him over the last few years. Go check out his twitter account. I bet you'd be pleasantly surprised with how he's turned out.

His dad royally screwed him over, and through it all, he came out a better man. He's the kind of man that I'd love to say wore the orange and white.

Reactions: 6 people
Also I'm pretty sure that he and his family live in Knoxville. IMO pushing him away from the program is basically the worst possible thing you can do.

Reactions: 6 people
Throwing stones at Bryce Brown for his attitude means that you haven't kept up with him over the last few years. Go check out his twitter account. I bet you'd be pleasantly surprised with how he's turned out.

His dad royally screwed him over, and through it all, he came out a better man. He's the kind of man that I'd love to say wore the orange and white.

It's his father's pride that's to blame.

You spin me Bryce Brown baby Bryce Brown, like a record baby, Bryce Brown Brown Brown

Reactions: 7 people
hqdefault.jpg

I remember Bryce wanted to meet with Dooley and Dooley said we weren't going to re-recruit any players. I don't know if it would have mattered but I would have liked to have kept him on the roster.

Reactions: 4 people
I really don't see the point of this thread. He made a choice. We've all made or will make decisions that will impact our future. Sometimes it works out, other times it doesn't. You have to live with the consequences. Hindsight 101.

The point of this thread is for someone who thinks he has wisdom to bless us all with his insight, and we can marvel in the light of his blessed guidance.

However, there are some college players who play all four years in college, and never see a single down in the NFL. Bryce Brown had his shot and made several appearances with Philadelphia and Buffalo. Seems to me he lived the dream for awhile at least.

Reactions: 2 people
The guy played in the league for how many years? He must have made some decent money even if he didn't get that first contract. But then rookie NFL contracts aren't very good unless you are drafted early. You get drafted in the 5th/6th round and make good, you are an indentured servant for, what, 3/4 years, which are usually a pro player's best years.

i would imagine that there are a million or so people in this country that would take his 'indentured servant' salary and be more than satisfied with it.

Reactions: 1 person
Just because he stayed doesn't mean he would have developed into a first rounder. He had a decent freshman season, but not up to his 5 star billing behind Hardesty.

He was also hurt his freshmen year. Somebody lit him up in fall camp and hurt his hip I believe. I want to say it was Herman Lathers.

Last edited:
On October 27, 2015, Brown signed with the Seattle Seahawks. On November 21, 2015, he was waived.

Had he played it straight at UT, he'd have come out after his 3rd year in the 1st or 2nd round with a fat contract to set him up for life.

Instead, he came out as a free agent, had undeveloped skills, and now must get a job.

A word to the wise: Game the system at your peril.
To correct the record somewhat Brown ended up at KState with his brother. That he was never a big time player there when he was at least serviceable as an SEC RB as a freshman says alot about KState as well. But to put out the concept he was one and done in college football is not accurate, he was at KState following his stint with the Vols.

Also I'm pretty sure that he and his family live in Knoxville. IMO pushing him away from the program is basically the worst possible thing you can do.

They do live in Knox in off season. His wife is from Anderson County. I know his wife and have had some interactions with him, and he is a great guy with 2 young kids. He is a great family man who works hard. This thread is cheap and petty. It also neglects the facts that Brown had some nice games in Philly. Something really lame about starting an "I told you so thread" when a guy gets cut.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
They do live in Knox on off season. His wife is from Anderson County. I know his wife and have had some interactions with him, and he is a great guy with 2 young kids. He is a great family man who works hard. This thread is cheap and petty. It also neglects the facts that Brown had some nice games in Philly. Something really lame about starting an "I told you so thread" when a guy gets cut.

I agree with you. When you (OP) take pleasure in another person's misfortune, it says more about you than the other person.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back