Bruce Pearl Suspended

That can't be true. Like Tennessee basketball, there's only one coach on the planet who can accomplish anything with Mississippi State football.

I don't know that I consider Croom's time there much of a success, but Sherrill certainly won a lot of games -- at least compared to other coaches who've passed through Starkville.

Vanderbilt is a better example of hopelessness in football.

But TN in basketball is not Vanderbilt in football.

TN basketball has Mears and has Devoe and is a decent program historically. TN basketball has NEVER had a coach as good as Bruce Pearl. If you argue that, you are an idiot. Pearl has taken this program to heights it has never gone. We now have top 10 facilities, and we have a large fan base and a large arena, and a nice practice facility etc.

We could continue to be good without Pearl, but it would be difficult for someone to fill Pearl's shoes. We would need a top notch recruiter who is good for Xs and Os as well.

If you look at the main Pearl haters on this board and look at who they wanted to come here to coach it shows the crapshoot an AD would face bringing someone in. Many of the suggested better options from the time of Pearls hiring have gone up in flames since then. The guys who would be clear upgrades on Pearl like Bill Self are not coming here.

Or MSU just wasn't a good example.

Certainly not, MSU has had a hard time hiring a decent coach since Sherrill. UT should not have that problem. The relative ranking of MSU football is far from that of UT basketball. I cannot say we will at the very least equal our current staff, just that we should. Failure to do so is inexcusable.

Certainly not, MSU has had a hard time hiring a decent coach since Sherrill. UT should not have that problem. The relative ranking of MSU football is far from that of UT basketball. I cannot say we will at the very least equal our current staff, just that we should. Failure to do so is inexcusable.
Hiring better assistant coaches than what they currently have wouldn't be tough at all.

VN Store

Back