Bruce Arians on Alvin Kamara: ‘I coached Marshall Faulk, and this guy’s scarier’

Wonder if Butch gets an interview at Southern Miss now that the paychecks stop coming in February.

I remember when I said Alvin was the next Marshall Faulk BEFORE the 2017 draft and there was a lot of pushback on that comparison from this very site. Looks like Alvin is exactly the player I said he would be.

Now all we need is Dobbs to get his chance to show he's the new Randall Cunningham.

Another NFL talent wasted at Tennessee due to incompetent coaching.

Reactions: oz615
Actually Nick Saban could not see it either. He wanted Alvin to become a DB. That is why Kamara transferred out.
Yes but behind Henry and Bo he wasnt gonna see the field at running for 3 years there the amount of time he deserved.

I remember when I said Alvin was the next Marshall Faulk BEFORE the 2017 draft and there was a lot of pushback on that comparison from this very site. Looks like Alvin is exactly the player I said he would be.

Now all we need is Dobbs to get his chance to show he's the new Randall Cunningham.

Well it is 2020 so....

I bet on Kamara as an anytime td scorer on Sunday night. Lost $250 bucks. Love the guy but I should really quit betting :cool:

His vision is unreal. If only Gray could run through arm tackles.

I still have hope for him. I think he is getting better at pass blocking and finding the gaps a little better. He just isn't a huge back. We have Cody Brown signing this year. Hopefully he will be the bell cow that we need.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Wonder if Butch gets an interview at Southern Miss now that the paychecks stop coming in February.

Will CBJ's contentment to bide time in a menial position of Saban's staff just to suck dry his contract with UT impact his candidacy for open positions in the future?

It would be a red flag and a mark against him, were I to be in a position to influence the hiring decision.

I still have hope for him. I think he is getting better at pass blocking and finding the gaps a little better. He just isn't a huge back. We have Cody Brown signing this year. Hopefully he will be the bell cow that we need.
Yeah AK was short not small. I think he played at about 10-15 pounds heavier then Gray. If Gray stays in the weight room u will see less arm tackles over the next 2 yrs

Reactions: GTBATV
Actually Nick Saban could not see it either. He wanted Alvin to become a DB. That is why Kamara transferred out.
Haven't heard that one. He was a self-admitted cocky true freshman and was mad the coaches weren't really seeing him as a guy who'd get playing time out of the gate (even though they had Derrick Henry, Kenyan Drake, and TJ Yeldon on the roster at the time), then got nicked up and didn't practice much. He admitted to having a terrible attitude when he was there and they basically told him to transfer.

You also predicted the 2017 Vols would go 15-0 and win the national championship, so ya know ... broken clocks and all.

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back