Brooks conditionally released from LOI (Update: Unconditional Release)

Still amazing we kept a top 25 class. Glass half full over here

The 2022 class is gonna be a real struggle. Hopefully some of the assistants with recruiting connections can pull some guys in but we’re without any commitments or real interests. If we ever needed a strong on field presence it’s now...

Is he as good as JJ Peterson ? Psyche....I do believe there is talent on this team. hope the Memphis lbs French, Eason and Mc Donald bring the heat. Morven Joseph, Tyler Baron are a couple more that may breakthrough. Tennessee has let too many in state linebackers get out of state. Especially from west Tennessee. Que sera sera ...prolly head to Bama /Mickey D’s

Mistake to give him an unconditional release. Terrible precedent. This isn't about being "nice". This is about playing the rules as they are to their best benefit to the UT Vols football team.

Reactions: davethevol
So he signed his letter of intent with us because he wanted to play for Pruitt but the barn was a close second. Now he is released from the NLI and War Eagle looks like his next destination after they just changed coaches too? So we are to believe he almost signed with them on signing day because of the school instead of the coach and they are such a better program than us? I’m sure his being from Bama has a lot to do with it but everything about our campus/school/college town/etc. is better than theirs.

Mistake to give him an unconditional release. Terrible precedent. This isn't about being "nice". This is about playing the rules as they are to their best benefit to the UT Vols football team.

I think giving him the unconditional release is to the best benefit of UT football in the long term. Limiting him would just make recruiting more difficult. Not that other teams are selling letting you transfer, but selling that UT doesn’t care about the players.

I think giving him the unconditional release is to the best benefit of UT football in the long term. Limiting him would just make recruiting more difficult. Not that other teams are selling letting you transfer, but selling that UT doesn’t care about the players.
Who has it hurt? Why would it make recruiting more difficult if you are recruiting players that want to play for you? Should they be recruiting kids that are planning on wanting out of their LOI before the end of February?

VN Store

Back