Brooklynn - this needs its own thread

Idk why y’all spit on mid majors it’s only Mid Major because that’s determined by Football look at Ayoka Lee of Kansas State she was a 3 star recruit UNRANKED in 2018 just the other day she had 40 POINTS in a game see Holly Warlick likely never offer this young lady why is that???? There was no hype around her probably and they just didn’t do their HW I would take Ayoka Lee in a heartbeat our own player Alexus Dye had to work her way up from JUCO to maybe being 2nd team All-SEC she too was a 3 star recruit and considered “mid major” hell the mid majors didn’t even offer

At all levels, there will always be a player like Ayoka Lee that ended up being far better than her high school scouting report suggested, but players like her are the exception, not the norm. At the same time, consensus top 5 players routinely live up to their billing. While a diamond in the rough occasionally finds its way to a mid-major, a glance at the WNBA 1st/2nd round picks over the last decade shows that there is a rarity and there is an overwhelming representation of players from P5 schools.

We all used to sh!t on mid-majors until Tennessee started struggling against them. Then all of a sudden, they aren't so bad after all (but the AAC and Big East are still a bunch of cupcakes). I suspect that if Tennessee gets back to a mainstay top team, then this newfound respect for mid majors will disappear quickly.

Who recruited Rennie and Saunders? What level do you think they belong? Kellie didn't recruit them, did she?
The math isn’t mathing for some of these ppl Kellie would have problem filled those 2 spots with a shooter and decent backup center but we are stuck with Rennie and Saunders thxs to Holly

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
The math isn’t mathing for some of these ppl Kellie would have problem filled those 2 spots with a shooter and decent backup center but we are stuck with Rennie and Saunders thxs to Holly
On paper, Saunders wasn't a bad choice. Don't know about the talent level in WV, but she was their Gatorade Player of the Year. She should have been able to develop into a serviceable backup by her junior year, but it doesn't appear to be the case. She also looks like she's put on weight, and not in a good way. Rennie seemed to be a desperation signing.

Obviously, because players are lining up to come play for Kellie...

I really think she trying to bring that MO St system and type of players to TN. I have said it before and will say it now that will not work in the SEC.
I think Kellie, having played in the SEC would have a very good understanding of the SEC versus a mid-major program. I’m sure she knows what sort of players she needs to win the SEC better than anyone posting on here.

I think the jury is still out. This was Southern Illinois. We will have a better sense of her game once the competition tightens up, starting this weekend. It's really hard to take too much away from these games against cupcake competition.
Brooklynn responds to the coach who is coaching her at that moment. Her AAU coach bragged relentlessly on her. When I saw her play for her HS I wondered if she had hit the proverbial wll.

I hope she continues to show this side of her playing-wise....a good speed guard is essential. Case in point, the game we are talking about on this post...they too had a speed guard,,,and she was not a factor

Reactions: the_great_pumpkin
Obviously, because players are lining up to come play for Kellie...
Writing to antagonize the LV fans and supporters on this site.
People only flock to address your assaults and negativity because they can't fathom or understand "why"... Kinda like an accident...People just have to stop and look at it

Brooklynn responds to the coach who is coaching her at that moment. Her AAU coach bragged relentlessly on her. When I saw her play for her HS I wondered if she had hit the proverbial wll.

I hope she continues to show this side of her playing-wise....a good speed guard is essential. Case in point, the game we are talking about on this post...they too had a speed guard,,,and she was not a factor
Are you talking about #0 for SI? She was easily the best guard on the court once Rae went down...

Brooklyn can be the steal of the class. One area where she will be challenged is in guarding bigger guards. Against SII she was matched against someone her same size and did a great job shutting Love down. WNBA Rookie of the Year Crystal Dangerfield was continually dominated by big guards dragging her into the low post until she became strong enough to deny them position.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Man, you sure are giving reasonable minded fans reason to doubt your THINKING processes with this series of posts. Trashing the majority of this class after one game seems a bit over the top. Might be ok to provide analysis as we enter conference play, when you can actually have some statistical data to back up your positions.

In reality we all might need to recognize some SEC caliber players need time to develop against a talent and speed level they could not experience in HS. I bet all the newbies were shell shocked when they looked up and Horston, Rae, and Key could not be on the floor and of course Marta out for the season too. Took the men a while to get going the other night too with all the new pieces being introduced to real competition. No KC's in this group but.............

Trashing the class after one game i don`t think so you are hyping the team after a nail biter against Southern Illinois. Also why is it that you and some on this board try and come up with every excuse in the book when this team plays poorly or a players is not up to the hype you and some make that player out be ?. You never want to see any player get hurt and for sure i don`t. But when that happens next young lady up that`s why we have a bench.

From you: In reality we all might need to recognize some SEC caliber players need time to develop against a talent and speed level they could not experience in HS.
I posted about this before some time back not saying you, But some on this board think you can bring in any HS player and that player will be up for the challenge in a very talented SEC. I also would like to say i have no problem with you or any members i like when we agree to disagree and i don`t believe in ignoring anyone on this board.

So let me get this straight is your issue Kellie not recruiting the girls you prefer or she isn't recruiting Top Talent!

You've gone on and on about players and none of them are higher than any off Kellie's highest recruits!
You want Yonta Vaughn (ranked 72) but it's okay because your excuses for why she is so low fits your narrative
You wanted Sy'Myah Smith (Ranked outside of the top 50) Justine is ranked higher than her
You wanted Tabitha Amanze (Ranked the same as Puckett) who is headed to Princeton, PRINCETON!

Clearly the issue isn't about who Kellie is recruiting but more so you getting out to watch games and feeling like you are lead scout and recruiter!

I could be i travel and watch the talent, I Watched her play Yonta Vaughn as a scout tweeted someone is getting a still WV. Tabitha Amanze i watched her play before she hurt her knee. Sy'Myah Smith never saw her play in person good feedback that`s all i can tell you.

Anyone who saw this kid play in both AAU and High School knew there was something not clicking in High School. Miles is a player and its not taking long to show it either.

So ur point is she shouldn't play well so recruit can come, wat in the world
My point is as I so eloquently stated is a pg who might think they can start right away would see that Miles has the pg secured I hope that answers your question cause I don't see how you got your statement any member that put on the orange I won't them to succeed

My point is as I so eloquently stated is a pg who might think they can start right away would see that Miles has the pg secured I hope that answers your question cause I don't see how you got your statement any member that put on the orange I won't them to succeed

A REALLY good PG won't be scared of Miles or anyone else. Her first concern will likely be whether or not Kellie can develop her, no matter who else is on the team or competing for PG minutes.

A REALLY good PG won't be scared of Miles or anyone else. Her first concern will likely be whether or not Kellie can develop her, no matter who else is on the team or competing for PG minutes.
Maybe but you aren't going to tell me a recruit isn't going to examine who's the starter at her position and her classification when thinking about coming to Tennessee

Maybe but you aren't going to tell me a recruit isn't going to examine who's the starter at her position and her classification when thinking about coming to Tennessee

Agree she will consider it, but that isn't what you said. You said:
Miles has the pg secured

Miles will not have the pg secured. It will be open competition every year for every position.

VN Store

Back