Brooklynn - this needs its own thread

I love watching this.

Giving me Bobbit vibes. That fire and passion defensively got me fired up last night. Right after that play I was on my feet in my living room. We’ve been missing that. We needed that specific play so bad in that moment as well.

That’s what a great PG does, they read the game and make the play the team needs most when they need it. So excited to watch her play and develop!

She was the lowest rated freshman in the class. The one we all thought would have to sit and not play much. Now I like her in there as much as possible. I think she has a grip on how to run the team even better than Walker. She took two shots made them both. Impressed with her play thus far.

She was the lowest rated freshman in the class. The one we all thought would have to sit and not play much. Now I like her in there as much as possible. I think she has a grip on how to run the team even better than Walker. She took two shots made them both. Impressed with her play thus far.

Yep, she reminds me a little of Jordan Lewis also, have always really liked her game. Both are deceptively fast. Sometimes BK doesn’t look like she’d be very quick, but when she turns it on she’s got a motor.

She has a very calm demeanor and she’s not turnover happy. Makes good plays in transition and keeps her player in front defensively. That alone will get her playing time this season. We haven’t had someone who could keep a quick player in front since probably Draya Carter or Megan Simmons. It’s been driving me nuts since about 2016.

We've only seen Brroklynn for one exhibition and last night's game, but she has already made a case for being the steal of the class. BK is rock solid. And she's OURS, thank goodness. I would NOT want our guards having to face the type of ball pressure she's going to be able to provide for the next four years. And we've only seen the tip of the iceberg.

We've only seen Brroklynn for one exhibition and last night's game, but she has already made a case for being the steal of the class. BK is rock solid. And she's OURS, thank goodness. I would NOT want our guards having to face the type of ball pressure she's going to be able to provide for the next four years. And we've only seen the tip of the iceberg.

Coach K's got her playing like her AAU coach had her playing...not like her HS coach did.
Good going Coach K!

I remember many weren't wild about the signing of Brooklynn Miles--questioned whether she can play at this level, and used her signing as proof that said CKJH couldn't recruit. I think she's going to help us over the years.
I think the jury is still out. This was Southern Illinois. We will have a better sense of her game once the competition tightens up, starting this weekend. It's really hard to take too much away from these games against cupcake competition.

Given Tennessee's situation at point guard, I'm not sure why anyone would have expected Miles to be on the bench. Tennessee's been playing people out of position for depth (and sometimes for starting minutes) at point guard for years. Even a competent point guard would improve the point situation, and I'm not saying that to disparage Miles or her play. She may be very much better than people thought, or good, or great, or whatever. Just a bit weird to think she wouldn't be seeing a generous amount of playing time this season.

Point guards take note. You want playing time? Tennessee can give you playing time.

Given Tennessee's situation at point guard, I'm not sure why anyone would have expected Miles to be on the bench. Tennessee's been playing people out of position for depth (and sometimes for starting minutes) at point guard for years. Even a competent point guard would improve the point situation, and I'm not saying that to disparage Miles or her play. She may be very much better than people thought, or good, or great, or whatever. Just a bit weird to think she wouldn't be seeing a generous amount of playing time this season.

Point guards take note. You want playing time? Tennessee can give you playing time.

I was one of the ones who didn't expect to see Brooklyn play much as a freshman since I assumed Walker would be the PG and Horston would back her up when she went to the bench. It seemed that they had more highly regarding depth at the 2/3 spots (Puckett or Wynn) that could share that spot with Horston while she slid over to the point. Not having Horston yesterday forced things. If Rae is lost for a period of time and Horston needs to play off the ball more, then I can see Miles playing more as backup PG in some situations.

But yeah...Tennessee has an abundance of PG playing time available, and there will be even more need after Walker graduates this season.

Which is why it astounds me Kellie didn't/couldn't get one, especially after last season...

I really think she trying to bring that MO St system and type of players to TN. I have said it before and will say it now that will not work in the SEC.

Reactions: Peas29
recruiting mid major talent

Do you think Brooklynn is a mid-major talent?

We def need to recruit at a high level !No doubt about it no argument here. But i think these freshman can contribute at this level in their careers. Some will be contribute faster than others. I think they would be better being brought along slower but that's not the case sadly. Some freshman can come in and play right away. Some it takes time.

Jury is still out but you can tell they have skills. plus they were all recruited by power 5 schools a plenty. Now some of the other ladies... well ya know 😳

But again... if recruiting picks up the trolls (not you) will have less ammo!

Last edited:
recruiting mid major talent

Pissott is 11th rated recruit in the country for next year's class. This class of freshmen are rated by ranking polls as somewhere between the 9th and 15th best in the country. What mid major univerrsity recruits players and classes as high as Harper's in her last two classes?

Looks to me like she got a good one to come in this season. Still too early to tell for sure, so I'm wondering why you think she didn't for sure.
Wynn and miles both are pretty good defenders. How quickly will the offense come is the big question. Both will be very good players if that side of the ball improves for them.

Idk why y’all spit on mid majors it’s only Mid Major because that’s determined by Football look at Ayoka Lee of Kansas State she was a 3 star recruit UNRANKED in 2018 just the other day she had 40 POINTS in a game see Holly Warlick likely never offer this young lady why is that???? There was no hype around her probably and they just didn’t do their HW I would take Ayoka Lee in a heartbeat our own player Alexus Dye had to work her way up from JUCO to maybe being 2nd team All-SEC she too was a 3 star recruit and considered “mid major” hell the mid majors didn’t even offer

Pissott is 11th rated recruit in the country for next year's class. This class of freshmen are rated by ranking polls as somewhere between the 9th and 15th best in the country. What mid major univerrsity recruits players and classes as high as Harper's in her last two classes?

Wynn ,Darby i also think Striplin would do better at that level jury still out on Miles and Pucket we will find out in due time.

Wynn ,Darby i also think Striplin would do better at that level jury still out on Miles and Pucket we will find out in due time.
So let me get this straight is your issue Kellie not recruiting the girls you prefer or she isn't recruiting Top Talent!

You've gone on and on about players and none of them are higher than any off Kellie's highest recruits!
You want Yonta Vaughn (ranked 72) but it's okay because your excuses for why she is so low fits your narrative
You wanted Sy'Myah Smith (Ranked outside of the top 50) Justine is ranked higher than her
You wanted Tabitha Amanze (Ranked the same as Puckett) who is headed to Princeton, PRINCETON!

Clearly the issue isn't about who Kellie is recruiting but more so you getting out to watch games and feeling like you are lead scout and recruiter!

I really think she trying to bring that MO St system and type of players to TN. I have said it before and will say it now that will not work in the SEC.

Man, you sure are giving reasonable minded fans reason to doubt your THINKING processes with this series of posts. Trashing the majority of this class after one game seems a bit over the top. Might be ok to provide analysis as we enter conference play, when you can actually have some statistical data to back up your positions.

In reality we all might need to recognize some SEC caliber players need time to develop against a talent and speed level they could not experience in HS. I bet all the newbies were shell shocked when they looked up and Horston, Rae, and Key could not be on the floor and of course Marta out for the season too. Took the men a while to get going the other night too with all the new pieces being introduced to real competition. No KC's in this group but.............

VN Store

Back