Brooklynn Miles commits!

I'm expecting big things out of you Brooklyn. Big things! You fill a need in this we have had for a long time. Now it's time to go to work
Coach you have watched this young lady tape to know her offensive game. I see her ball handling and quickness outstanding. When A Hayes came to TN she was more highly regarded point but she could not shoot. She was a liability. So is Miles a better shooter and offensive player and if so why is she not rated in top 20 players because she has all the other skill to be so?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Coach you have watched this young lady tape to know her offensive game. I see her ball handling and quickness outstanding. When A Hayes came to TN she was more highly regarded point but she could not shoot. She was a liability. So is Miles a better shooter and offensive player and if so why is she not rated in top 20 players because she has all the other skill to be so?

I don't think Hayes was an offensive liability at all. She couldn't shoot, but she could score...whether finishing in traffic or getting to the FT line. The knock against her was that she was a turnover machine. Even if Miles can't shoot, if she can put points on the board in other ways, she would be an asset to the team.

I don't think Hayes was an offensive liability at all. She couldn't shoot, but she could score...whether finishing in traffic or getting to the FT line. The knock against her was that she was a turnover machine. Even if Miles can't shoot, if she can put points on the board in other ways, she would be an asset to the team.
She could score yes somewhat but she was a liability on the offensive end. Thanks for responding. In CHRIST Alone

No, Hayes was a much better offensive player at this stage than Miles...
How can one be much better when one cant shoot from outside and from the Free throw line. Ok maybe she was better getting to the rim I have not watched enough tape to know even that.

How can one be much better when one cant shoot from outside and from the Free throw line. Ok maybe she was better getting to the rim I have not watched enough tape to know even that.

You obviously haven't seen her shoot. Unlike Miles, Hayes has a decent midrange game and is a much better finisher at the rim. She also has a scoring mentality Miles doesn't have. People forget Hayes almost averaged double figure scoring despite coming off the bench at Tennessee which earned her 6th player of the year in the SEC. She was easily MTSU's go-to player her first season, and will likely be the best player in the conference this season. Miles doesn't have that kind of talent and will never put up those kind of numbers, hence her ranking...

Reactions: Will83 and mcannon1

Hayes had the ugliest 3 point shot on the team, and if it went in, it was purely by luck. She didn't really have a traditional mid-range jumper, but she had a consistent floater out to 12 feet or so that she could regularly make. But her best asset was finishing at the rim or getting fouled in the process. She got to the line twice as much as Rennia playing less minutes, and shot 72% from the line.

If Brooklyn can do what Anastasia did her freshman year, she would be the steal of the class.

Hayes had the ugliest 3 point shot on the team, and if it went in, it was purely by luck. She didn't really have a traditional mid-range jumper, but she had a consistent floater out to 12 feet or so that she could regularly make. But her best asset was finishing at the rim or getting fouled in the process. She got to the line twice as much as Rennia playing less minutes, and shot 72% from the line.

If Brooklyn can do what Anastasia did her freshman year, she would be the steal of the class.

Annie has that speed. Hard not to foul someone moving that fast. If you’re big you just can’t get out the way 😂

You obviously haven't seen her shoot. Unlike Miles, Hayes has a decent midrange game and is a much better finisher at the rim. She also has a scoring mentality Miles doesn't have. People forget Hayes almost averaged double figure scoring despite coming off the bench at Tennessee which earned her 6th player of the year in the SEC. She was easily MTSU's go-to player her first season, and will likely be the best player in the conference this season. Miles doesn't have that kind of talent and will never put up those kind of numbers, hence her ranking...
Don't know what type of shooter she will become time will tell. But she has speed and great quickness and she can handle the ball really well . So if Miss Miles makes the other 4 on the floor better players she is doing her job as a PG. In CHRIST Alone

The difference will be that Hayes had CHW and Miles has Coach K,,,nuff said

Don't know what type of shooter she will become time will tell. But she has speed and great quickness and she can handle the ball really well . So if Miss Miles makes the other 4 on the floor better players she is doing her job as a PG. In CHRIST Alone

I don't want her shooting, I want her handling, dishing, defending and maybe a shot every now and then to keep her defender honest

She will help on defense, but has a long way to go on offense. Like the rest of this LV class, her one-dimensional play keeps her from being an elite prospect...

Reactions: mcannon1
The difference will be that Hayes had CHW and Miles has Coach K,,,nuff said

That is a great point coach....Holly was death to an offense.

One time my departed wife took me to a practice (had paperwork to be signed) when Holly was coach...Holly scolded a shooter (will remain nameless) for shooting the 3 ball, instead of passing it inside...The girl made the shot, but it didn't matter...Get the ball inside...It was maddening.

Sure hope Miles is working on her outside shooting....

Did you see the ugly socks that manager wore the other day in practice?

(Just honing my skills to get guaranteed responses. Seems to work for some).

"Never" is a long, long time. Balls of crystal don't really work. We know a cat who can really do the cool jerk.

VN Store

Back