Brooklynn Miles commits!

I have a theory with Jaiden. I think last year we needed her numbers wise but I think there some really nice players coming up. The staff may encourage her to graduate this year .... that’s just my theory (I like what she brings to the team FYI so I wouldn’t mind her)

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
The craziest one is “their coach is on the hot seat”. How the hell is Kellie on the hot seat with 1 incomplete season under her belt? Smh. That poster is either purposely lying or really has no idea what he/she is talking about
Who comes up with that unbelievable crap? Some people are at their best when they spread questionable crap.

I have a theory with Jaiden. I think last year we needed her numbers wise but I think there some really nice players coming up. The staff may encourage her to graduate this year .... that’s just my theory (I like what she brings to the team FYI so I wouldn’t mind her)
Jaiden has heart and is not afraid to mix it up inside. I hope we can keep her as long as possible. I think she is a positive.

The "box out"....
Jaiden is a tiger on the blocks.....
tennessee-lady-vols-forward-jaiden-mccoy-blocking-out-lsu-lady-tigers-picture-id1196634172

The "box out"....
Jaiden is a tiger on the blocks.....
tennessee-lady-vols-forward-jaiden-mccoy-blocking-out-lsu-lady-tigers-picture-id1196634172

One of three lost BB tactics that I emphasize most:
Boxouts: When you know the shot is about to be taken,,not after the shot is taken
Closeouts: Immediately on a dribble-pickup
Butt-slides: The best way to get a charging call is to finish the absorbed contact with one,,,if the ref sees anything but you on your butt sliding across the floor, they WILL give benefit to the driver

One of three lost BB tactics that I emphasize most:
Boxouts: When you know the shot is about to be taken,,not after the shot is taken
Closeouts: Immediately on a dribble-pickup
Butt-slides: The best way to get a charging call is to finish the absorbed contact with one,,,if the ref sees anything but you on your butt sliding across the floor, they WILL give benefit to the driver
Boxouts - when you see the shot taken. Never assume a shot and turn your back on the ball. It's a nice way to get hit in the head with a pass. You've got almost 3 seconds while the ball is in the air to spot your man and get position.

Boxouts - when you see the shot taken. Never assume a shot and turn your back on the ball. It's a nice way to get hit in the head with a pass. You've got almost 3 seconds while the ball is in the air to spot your man and get position.

too late, you're opponent has already reacted and boxed you out

In your imagination because you have never played the game. Understand this does not happen in isolation. You are already playing defense . You already have inside position. You are aware of your opponent and have visual and physical contact with the opponent. Like many of the posters have, I have done this thousands of times.

So im assuming Holly was close not Kellie right??

Scherr cut us according to sources( good ones) two summers ago. When Kellie was hired she talked to Scherr and it was too late on the game, but loved her. If we had another month is what I was told, but she was too close to committing to Oregon.

Scherr is a freaking stud.

@NeedOrange You're both right, but it depends.

My thoughts on box outs... It's not as simple as it seems. If you make your turn (to putting them on your rear) too soon it gives the opponent too much time to work around you. I usually played the 2/3 position which leaves some tough boxout assignments because you aren't always close your man when playing help defense appropriately.

To me it's a 3 step procedure:
1. Find your man when the shot leaves hand. At all times you are guarding the potential for the ball to be scored, so even if you are in "help position" you should be nearer the goal than your man assignment. You have to be in a good position before the shot happens but never complete the box out until after the shot goes up.
2. Negate their momentum. They are going to the goal and you are going away to meet them. Stop their momentum with a face to face hand check, lead your shoulder into their chest, then pivot them onto your back. You have to time this so that you turn before a hard rebound hits the floor but not so soon that they can work around you. Normally, this would be bout the time the ball hits the rim. Pro tip: you can follow their eyes... eyes going up = ball on an upward trajectory, plenty of time to turn; eyes coming down = ball coming down, get your ************ in rebounding position.
3. Do whatever it takes to keep them from the ball. Use their momentum to send yourself toward the rebound when possible.

When your man is the one shooting (first of all, shame on you for leaving them open), you box out HARD as soon as they hit the ground. Do it all game and it can affect their shooting %.

@NeedOrange You're both right, but it depends.

My thoughts on box outs... It's not as simple as it seems. If you make your turn (to putting them on your rear) too soon it gives the opponent too much time to work around you. I usually played the 2/3 position which leaves some tough boxout assignments because you aren't always close your man when playing help defense appropriately.

To me it's a 3 step procedure:
1. Find your man when the shot leaves hand. At all times you are guarding the potential for the ball to be scored, so even if you are in "help position" you should be nearer the goal than your man assignment. You have to be in a good position before the shot happens but never complete the box out until after the shot goes up.
2. Negate their momentum. They are going to the goal and you are going away to meet them. Stop their momentum with a face to face hand check, lead your shoulder into their chest, then pivot them onto your back. You have to time this so that you turn before a hard rebound hits the floor but not so soon that they can work around you. Normally, this would be bout the time the ball hits the rim. Pro tip: you can follow their eyes... eyes going up = ball on an upward trajectory, plenty of time to turn; eyes coming down = ball coming down, get your ************ in rebounding position.
3. Do whatever it takes to keep them from the ball. Use their momentum to send yourself toward the rebound when possible.

When your man is the one shooting (first of all, shame on you for leaving them open), you box out HARD as soon as they hit the ground. Do it all game and it can affect their shooting %.
Right on. I rarely played 2, never 1, sometimes 3, mostly 4. So I was just speaking from experience closer to the hoop. But you nailed it. The only thought I could add is, if you have space, lock your opponents thigh. That prevents them from getting off the floor. I also like your comment on the hard box out on the shooter also because of all people they know where the ball is going first so it prevents them running down a long rebound (a la Sabrina). Thanks for the 'as soon as they hit the ground' comment. I hate undercutting with a passion. I just couldn't believe the self proclaimed 'resident expert' was talking about boxing out before the shot.

Right on. I rarely played 2, never 1, sometimes 3, mostly 4. So I was just speaking from experience closer to the hoop. But you nailed it. The only thought I could add is, if you have space, lock your opponents thigh. That prevents them from getting off the floor. I also like your comment on the hard box out on the shooter also because of all people they know where the ball is going first so it prevents them running down a long rebound (a la Sabrina). Thanks for the 'as soon as they hit the ground' comment. I hate undercutting with a passion. I just couldn't believe the self proclaimed 'resident expert' was talking about boxing out before the shot.

The resident expert was speaking for a defender boxout, not an offender boxout.
And if you wait until the shot leaves the hand that micro-second will cost you the position.
You go ahead and wait until the shot leaves the hand,,,I will have a butt in your gut before you can say "you beat me"

I am done with this hijacking of Brook's thread, if you want to discuss this further, please move it to potpourri

Reactions: stlvolsfan

VN Store

Back