British Open 2018

GAVol

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dear USGA,

I hope you were watching. Let natural conditions dictate play. Not your ridiculous setups.

Signed,

Golf fans everywhere
Amen

It doesn't matter whether the winning score is -1 or -15. Give the best players a tough, fair setup and let the players dictate the number; not a crazy setup.

GAVol

Super Moderator
Staff member
Incredible that he'd do this. Even more incredible that he'd admit it....

Eddie Pepperell says he was a "little hungover'' during his round of 4-under 67 Sunday that has left him 1 shot off the lead at The Open when he walked off the course.

Pepperell shot a 71 on Saturday to start the final round 8 strokes off the lead, He said Sunday he was "so frustrated" and had "too much to drink last night."

The No. 72-ranked English golfer hadn't been hopeful ahead of the final round, saying "today was, really, I wouldn't say a write-off, but I didn't feel I was in the golf tournament."

volfanbill

Praying for Squirrely
Amen

It doesn't matter whether the winning score is -1 or -15. Give the best players a tough, fair setup and let the players dictate the number; not a crazy setup.
R&A knew the fairways were baked, so they ensured greens were manageable. I watched only a handful of shots during the US Open. Between Joe Buck and crazy setups, it’s not enjoyable as a fan. The Open almost always gets it right. Supposedly Tiger is quoted as saying, “The R&A doesn’t have to manufacture an Open.” Whether he really said it or not, it’s accurate

VN Store

Sponsors