Bring Back Kiffin

ahhh....prognosticator, are we?
He walked away scott free from the investigation. He was a snake in the grass that started this whole downward spiral. You're free to want him, and I'm free to not want a shady coach who isn't that good. Fact is, don't matter how mant threads there are, he's never gonna be back in Knoxville.

He walked away scott free from the investigation. He was a snake in the grass that started this whole downward spiral. You're free to want him, and I'm free to not want a shady coach who isn't that good. Fact is, don't matter how mant threads there are, he's never gonna be back in Knoxville.
Never said I wanted him...look back at my posts...but when people say that he got us in NCAA trouble and "walked away from the investigation"...I am stuck asking....when was the NCAA on UT's campus with a NCAA investigation over football? What probation, fines, lost scholarships, etc. did we get punished with?

The issue at that time was Tyndall and the basketball program. We did not get any punishments in our football program, and believe our BB came away fine as well.

All I know is since 1998 the only excitement I have experienced was when Kiffin was here. He can obviously coach. If he had stayed we would be competing for the east every year. He made football fun because he was young and brash. He admits it was a mistake leaving. The fact he is still attracted to TN is he believes he can make it here. He has seen the potential of TN that most do not see. He was deluded by the prospect of taking over his dream job and now he sees the ignorance of his choice. I would have him back in a heartbeat given the contract favors TN. With that said I would see how the season plays out for Pruitt. If it continues to go south I would have Kiffin on my speed dial. Fulmer is hoping for one upset to justify Pruitt and maybe Pruitt gets one but I believe that Kiffin can beat you with his or he can beat you with yours. Pruitt can only beat you with 5 stars but only if the stars aligned. Just my opinion.

Reactions: ffemtp
Trying to coach with the debilitating penalties from the NCAA after the Reggie Bush scandal. Does everyone forget about the loss of 30 scholarships over 3 years?

It was not debilitating. The majority of the time he was there he had a full class of junior and seniors

Kiffin would be leaps and bounds ahead of what we have now. I think we need a true slam dunk next, though. But I’d take Lane as OC/coach in waiting....not that it will happen, but i can dream

Never said I wanted him...look back at my posts...but when people say that he got us in NCAA trouble and "walked away from the investigation"...I am stuck asking....when was the NCAA on UT's campus with a NCAA investigation over football? What probation, fines, lost scholarships, etc. did we get punished with?

The issue at that time was Tyndall and the basketball program. We did not get any punishments in our football program, and believe our BB came away fine as well.
He sent hookers to to recruits. We didn't get hammered, but would have if he stayed.

All I know is since 1998 the only excitement I have experienced was when Kiffin was here. He can obviously coach. If he had stayed we would be competing for the east every year. He made football fun because he was young and brash. He admits it was a mistake leaving. The fact he is still attracted to TN is he believes he can make it here. He has seen the potential of TN that most do not see. He was deluded by the prospect of taking over his dream job and now he sees the ignorance of his choice. I would have him back in a heartbeat given the contract favors TN. With that said I would see how the season plays out for Pruitt. If it continues to go south I would have Kiffin on my speed dial. Fulmer is hoping for one upset to justify Pruitt and maybe Pruitt gets one but I believe that Kiffin can beat you with his or he can beat you with yours. Pruitt can only beat you with 5 stars but only if the stars aligned. Just my opinion.

It would be the ultimate national emabarassment to hire him

ID love to see CLK back in orange. I also hear Mark RIcht isn't doing anything these days. But he only won 9 or 10 every year. He definitely sucks.

There. I said it
Whether he wins or not, that's just bad buisness. For what he did to us it's unacceptable to even have the thought of letting him come back. I wouldn't even let him on campus. He's a big reason why we are where were at right now. No way!

Trying to coach with the debilitating penalties from the NCAA after the Reggie Bush scandal. Does everyone forget about the loss of 30 scholarships over 3 years?
He’s not lighting it up where he is now. Ever wonder why that’s the only place he could land a HC gig. Hell Saban was about to fire him had not left.

Lane would bring swagger and confidence and flush that loser mentality immediately. That's our biggest problem right now other than the QB situation.

Don't disagree with your assessment and that he was a decent coach here. But he left in the middle of the night 2 weeks out from signing day. I can't get past that.

Celebacy is sometimes favorable to getting back with certain exes.

Reactions: vols40
I am ashamed at myself for giving this a second thought.

And a third

And a fourth

Dang now I hate myself

Georgia is still salty about losing their big time OC. Gonna be hard for them to recover it appears.

Do not want a coach who jumped ship after 1 season. Plus, his lone recruiting class wasn't very good overall. I think only 7 from that class finished there college careers at UT

Reactions: vols40
kiffin couldn’t do any worse. He has admitted he should never have left like he did and he has matured some since then. He wants the job and the players did play hard for him. Something we’ve not seen in a while. One things for sure.....he would coach his arse off to prove a point.

When was the last time we saw our team play over our heads? The last time I remember was when he was coach. Now every time we take the field it is a new low. Now even the POTUS is making fun of us.

VN Store

Back