Bring back Butch, Dooley, and Kiffin

Great idea! Why not also give Peyton a call and check if he has any eligibility left? That would probably help to close the gap with Bama. :cool:

I think we should have went after Kiffin hard before Chaney. We would been top 5 team by now Kiffin/Pruitt

So I have been thinking, all of our past 4 coaches were very solid in certain areas but obviously very deficient in others. What if we brought them all back but actually put them in positions to succeed. Just hear me out on this...Lane Kiffin as Head Coach, Derek Dooley as Offensive Coordinator, Jeremy Pruitt as Defensive Coordinator, and Butch Jones as Recruiting Coordinator, and then obviously Fulmer would still be AD. We would have all 5 of our most recent head coaches on staff at once. This coaching lineup would be feared across the land!
Let’s see
Pruitt has lost to BYU, UGA State and Kentucky all at home.
Butch and Dooley both have lost to Vandy and/or Kentucky.
Kiffin is better than all them if he can leave the coeds alone.
This coaching staff would be laughed at across America is what I think you meant right?

So I have been thinking, all of our past 4 coaches were very solid in certain areas but obviously very deficient in others. What if we brought them all back but actually put them in positions to succeed. Just hear me out on this...Lane Kiffin as Head Coach, Derek Dooley as Offensive Coordinator, Jeremy Pruitt as Defensive Coordinator, and Butch Jones as Recruiting Coordinator, and then obviously Fulmer would still be AD. We would have all 5 of our most recent head coaches on staff at once. This coaching lineup would be feared across the land!
Dooley may make a good WR coach like he was at Dallas for a few years.

I’d take Kiffin back now in a heartbeat. He has matured a bit and he would take the job.

I’d take Kiffin back now in a heartbeat. He has matured a bit and he would take the job.
He certainly would have taken it after Butch was fired. It's far too personal for Fulmer to ever consider it, which is a problem. I think there are a number of coaches Fulmer won't ever consider because of his personal feelings towards them

Reactions: Vols1891
Kiffin is the best offensive mind and recruiter. Butch and Dooley aren’t needed. If you want to win an NC get Kiffin and Pruitt on the same staff.

Important to have them both coach in the NCG.

What’s funny is that I would be hesitant of Dooley being our OC in this fantasy. The good thing is that Kiffin would just overrule him at all times.
And Botch would have to be special teams coach. I'd rather let Lane recruit

If the Lane train wanted to come back I would definetly be all for it. We would have the ability to move the football. He would just need to make sure he kept our defense good.

VN Store

Back