Brian Williams - Any Reason to bring him back

SmokeyHowls

With it being so late in the season, is there any reason to bring Brian Williams back at this point? I think not.:question::salute:

The only reason we might need to is to have size inside when wayne needs a break. We don't really miss him otherwise.

It is a local economic issue. If BW is not allowed to return to the team, doughnut and cheeseburger joints will be doomed. Bad for the local economy.... :)

Yeah our biggest body after Hall and Chism is who? Swiperboy? That won't work against say UK with Cousins and Patterson.

I'd agree about the kentucky point. You're dead on, no way Hall and Chism can guard Cousins and Patterson for 30+ minutes. Besides, when one needs a breather or if either get in foul trouble, who will we bring in? Pearl???? Yeah right....he'd get abused.

I feel a Tennessee fan should try to show some restraint in criticizing Tennessee players. Just my opinion. Apparently there is a lot of hate for Prince, McBee, and Williams. It just overflows after games.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He doesn't jack up as many three pointer shoots as most of the other players.

Bruce Pearl said today that Brian Williams will most likely be back playing this year. On another note, he compared Maymon to Tazmin Mitchell. That could be exciting!

The fact that Pearl is on the floor at all means that there is a reason to bring Williams back.

Pearl has actually played pretty well of late---defensively---guarding well and getting a few steals. At least the guy HUSTLES every play! I can cut him some slack just for that.

I'd agree about the kentucky point. You're dead on, no way Hall and Chism can guard Cousins and Patterson for 30+ minutes. Besides, when one needs a breather or if either get in foul trouble, who will we bring in? Pearl???? Yeah right....he'd get abused.

We need Him back for the fouls and He does rebound sometimes.

I can just see it now. Woolridge and Pearl guarding Cousins. he will have the top ten plays to himself. We need him back just for size alone.

Did u guys see or even hear the Vandy game? We were hammered inside in the last ten minutes of that game. With another big body and 5 more fouls to give, we win that game...

If you remember, we were in serious foul trouble the entire game. Williams is needed, slam him if you want but statistics do not lie. We are quite possibly the worst team in the SEC in the last 10 minutes of a ball game since the suspensions...

Pearl has actually played pretty well of late---defensively---guarding well and getting a few steals. At least the guy HUSTLES every play! I can cut him some slack just for that.

:no: worst player in the conference for a top 8-9 front court rotation guy. Just my opinion.
McB,Bone,Tatum andBone are backcout rotation

If you disagree, cool, tell me who is worse???

Last edited:
Yeah our biggest body after Hall and Chism is who? Swiperboy? That won't work against say UK with Cousins and Patterson.

I agree and applaud Coach Pearl for bringing Williams back in time for this game. I do not want to see us lose to Kentucky.

I agree and applaud Coach Pearl for bringing Williams back in time for this game. I do not want to see us lose to Kentucky.

If we can't beat UK without him, the chances that we can beat them with him aren't much better.

VN Store

Back