Brian Randolph how long

Does he have to stay in the locker room during the 1st half? I know when you are ejected you must leave the field completely.

The KY player was sliding with feet first... Not going to get it overturned.. Rule sucks. The hit on Dobbs was much worst and no call

My concern for next game isn't Randolph, but MacNeil. You know the refs are gonna be watching him after he threw the elbow right behind Randolph. Had Randolph not made helmet to helmet contact, they would have gotten MacNeil.

I dont love the rule either, but it was a blatant shot...to those who can remain objective.

When the QB goes low, he puts his head in harm's way. If ya gonna be a runnin QB, don't whine about getting hit. It was a judgment call, the refs made their call.

Yea...there's a difference between a QB scrambling and a QB sliding. It was a dumb decision by Randolph. And unfortunately he will have to pay for that.

Its ridiculous a player gets a full game for targeting and good boy Winston gets half a game combined for all his crap.

Reactions: 1 person
is he out until? since he got ejected for the qb sliding into him. losing him for any part of the missouri game may well cost us that game as well as losing crowder. :( i still hope we can win though but it will be much, much tougher without these two.

The quarterback didn't slide into him ,he almost took his head off.

When the Kentucky guy was flagged, for kicking our player in the head, while they were on the ground should've been ejected. Same thing blow to the head.

Doesn't have to be helmet to helmet. Targeting is a shot to the neck and head. It doesn't matter what is used, it's targeting. It was the correct call.

there are too many variables with a qb quickly ducking and changing his head angle. Same for wr's who duck their heads and end up ducking right into a helmet that's already on it's way. Defender is penalized. I'd like to see a replay in slo motion to see exactly when Randolph went prone and where his shoulder was relative to the qb at the time he went low. He may be 100% at fault, but I'd like to see it as I only saw it live.

Reactions: 1 person
You realize he slid right as Randolph had already launched? QB sliding the instant before contact isn't a defenseless player IMO

The problem with that is the point of contact. If Randolph had launched and Towles was still upright, Randolph would have gone over him/glanced off of Towles' helmet, and Towles could have avoided the contact. Towles was actually on the ground when he was hit.

I thought he slid a little too late. It looked to me like Randolph had already lowered his shoulder to make the tackle when the QB slid.

this is my argument also. both guys had started into their hits before he started to slide. it's hard to stop momentum. it should've been a penalty but not a targeting call.

Doesn't matter. As long as Justin Coleman is covering somebody there will be a 100 yard receiver

I think coleman is playing out of position. he would make a great fs. his coverage skills have gotten better this year but he has one really bad play a game. the problem is, nobody is stepping up to take his job.

VN Store

Back