Brian Maurer starting against UGA

Something had to be done with the JG situation but good lord, giving the kid his first start against Georgia is idiotic. This has Peterman at Florida written all over it. I don’t think Peterman’s confidence ever fully recovered even though he found some success later on.
Great Post. Yet another example of poor leadership and coaching. I am wary of Mauer starting and will have to see it to believe it.

It's gonna be interesting to read all yalls comments when Maurer throws 4 picks before half time tomorrow... Lol
Actually I'm heavy on GA, but with that said, I won't complain. UT is not going to win this game, but we can take a gain out of it, if we find we have a guy that will be a Real QB next year (and maybe what's left of this one). Some may think it is crazy to play him against UGA, they may be right, but, if he looks good, even throwing some picks, but shows he has that special "Football eye sight", I'll be his #1 supporter. We aren't going anywhere without a good QB.

Last edited:
The real answer is there is no answer. No matter what JP does it won’t be the right thing, according to these comments. Fickle group here.
Not I. If he starts Maurer, and keeps him in for at least the full first half (baring an injury of course), good, bad or ugly, I'll be satisfied that CP is actually trying to develop talent, and to determine if we have talent to develop.

Hope fan base will be patient with BM. The kid moves well, but when dropping back he locks on his #1 option. GA DB's will see this in the Chattanooga film. He needs to show the ability to go to option #2

Reactions: I40flyer
Mauer was always pumped about coming here as a recruit and I'm glad he's getting a shot. The Oline has to play the game of their lives tomorrow to keep it respectable. I just hope we can hang around and get some positivity going for the team.

It’ll take time for people to see what I’ve been talking about but I’m willing to wait. For now....... you deserve credit.

*hell... I almost want to ask you how he’s going to do. Lol

I think you just did ask me 😉.

Brian is going to have a good game tomorrow. Ian Book from Notre Dame gave UGA some problems. Maurer can do similar.

It's going to be closer than people think because of it. They won't beat us by 24.

Pruitt moved to slow on this, but the move has been made finally. We finally have a chance to get better as a team now!

I think you just did ask me 😉.

Brian is going to have a good game tomorrow. Ian Book from Notre Dame gave UGA some problems. Maurer can do similar.

It's going to be closer than people think because of it. They won't beat us by 24.

Pruitt moved to slow on this, but the move has been made finally. We finally have a chance to get better as a team now!
I sure hope you’re right. I also hope Chaney doesn’t think the read option or RPOs are the way to go with him. If I see a spread tomorrow I’ll feel much better about our chances.

I sure hope you’re right. I also hope Chaney doesn’t think the read option or RPOs are the way to go with him. If I see a spread tomorrow I’ll feel much better about our chances.

We have to do that. But it works better if we can have success running the ball. Gray and Chandler can hurt them on the edges.

Jennings, Palmer and Callaway have to make people miss after the catch. The ball will get to them.

Defensively, Bituli and To'oto'o should be ready to go finally... but man there's no depth. So hopefully Brian can protect our defense a little bit.

Watch out for Bryce Thompson.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I’m glad BM is starting, but feel sorry JG. I really wanted the light to come on and he would ball out, but it just didn’t happen. Maybe we can catch lightening in a bottle.
Its going to be fine... they will keep JG busy on the sidelines...
1_25363_LG_OA.jpg

I’m glad BM is starting, but feel sorry JG. I really wanted the light to come on and he would ball out, but it just didn’t happen. Maybe we can catch lightening in a bottle.
I honestly feel for him as well, ecen though I've been against him. I never want any qb to do bad here, but JG just hasn't got it going.

VN Store

Back