Brian Maurer may be gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was told if you want to play look somewhere else. And if I was him I would he stuck it out longer than alot of people would have and was surprised he came back but that showed me he thought he was good enough which means he has confidence in himself and he liked UT . He has to play he can go somewhere and play. Now he could of stayed and kept trying but as much as he has been threw it's hard to blame him. He should stay off Twitter. Did he go to any QB camps like Bailey did?
I am not sure if he went to any camps, but a new opportunity and clean slate may be just what he needs.

So Heupel recruited him at CFL but felt he wasn’t good enough at UT, this says s lot for the remaining 3 and talent level up!

I wish the young man the best. I think he could do rather well in programs like U of Texas Arlington, U of South Florida, places such as that. He never had the talent to be a very good QB in the SEC IMO, that's not new, and I wish him the very best.

Reactions: Evergrenevol
I can overlook his tweets because sometimes we all say things we shouldn’t out of emotion. What he said wasn’t exactly heinous, either. Misguided, but not overtly malicious.

I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

Hopefully Bailey will stay even if doesn’t win the job. We have Tayven Jackson coming in next year, too, so maybe we’ll actually have a good stable of QBs for the ‘22 season. How many years does Hooker have left? We could be hurting next year if both Maurer AND Bailey transfer.

Reactions: Jhilly05
I like what coach "hype" is doing. He has brought in some players that are probably a better fit for his style of offense and letting the cream rise to the top. I really think we are going to surprise some people this year.

That is not a normal QB room all of those guys could play . Not many rooms have 4 good QBs and another one coming next year.
Honestly, I don't know if any of our qbs can play and be successful at this level. I'd settle for one...just one... that can do a decent job running the offense.

Reactions: Jhilly05
Brian's dad is on Volnation! Look I don't think anyone is personally attacking the guy, and for the most part many on here have been rooting for the guy and really like him. The issue that most are pointing out is the Tweet that this board is about. Saying that the coaches "took his dream away" - dude, nothing is given, it is earned. That rubbed fans the wrong way.
Taking the dream part bothered me as well. I have nothing but respect for him as a player and because of what he has overcome.

I wish him nothing but success

Reactions: JRich
If true,Ihope he finds a good place for himself.Great arm,good runner.Maybe just didn't quite fit or see what Coach Heupel or Qb's coach needed for a qb.Best to Brian-those who denigrated him can actually piss off.

He was told if you want to play look somewhere else. And if I was him I would he stuck it out longer than alot of people would have and was surprised he came back but that showed me he thought he was good enough which means he has confidence in himself and he liked UT . He has to play he can go somewhere and play. Now he could of stayed and kept trying but as much as he has been threw it's hard to blame him. He should stay off Twitter. Did he go to any QB camps like Bailey did?
He doesn’t need to go to Qb camps because he had 1vol8 to coach him up.

Patrick Brown on 247 said he expects Maurer to enter the portal.

I think it’s pretty obvious by the suddenness of all this that something happened here. Not anything dramatic necessarily, but a conversation was likely had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back