Brian Kelly to LSU may send Nick Saban running, helping Vols

Will he?

• Yes

Votes: 15 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 421 96.6%

• Total voters
Nick Sabin isn’t afraid of anyone at this point. His main competition are guys who worked for him in the past and I believe only one of them has beat him and it was one game. He is not scared of Kelly.

What a joke. Nick Saban isn't scared of LSU or any coach they might hire. Especially not one he's beaten like a drum before.

Saban is not leaving until he decides he's ready to retire from coaching.

Jimbo, Big Sam and his Mister T starter set, Kelly locking down the Catholics, crazy Mike, the Aubie Morman, and Little Lane.

Old Man Nicky going to be playing a different freak every week.

He skkkaaaared...

Reactions: feathersax
People will point to $$, as in how could you turn that down? I don't disagree, especially when you're taking over a blue blood without the restrictions imposed by ND standards. But what it really says to me is he wants to win (at this point $$$ ain't got anything to do with it), just like a 5 star committing to GA or Bama. Question is CAN he do it? Odds are.... NOPE. And Uncle Nick isn't losing any sleep over it. Let's be clear 10 win seasons IS NOT doing it, and not necessarily why he was hired. Showing up in the SECCG consistently IS close to it.

And now he's gotta do it for multiple weeks at a time....NAVY isn't in the schedule anymore, nor is the ACC.
I say he can most definitely win it all at LSU. Their last 3 hires all won a national title and 2 of the 3 were absolute buffoons.
GBO!!

Fair point.
And I would say YES. Because of his strong recruiting.

He had Dave Arande AND Joe Brady as coordinators that one mangical year.
So if he had them again with Top 10 level talent (Notre Dame), yes he could.
The problem is the Lsu talent couldn't get into Notre Dame.

OK, I just found out that Brian Kelly actually really did become the head coach at LSU. I am not quite sure what to think of this. I don’t know if it is a good hire or not, I am really more shocked and surprised than anything.

By not being able to get either of his coordinators to join him,it kinda shows what an ass hat Kelly is.If his idea of winning fans over.is a jacked southern accent,there is little chance of him not bolting or being fired by his third year.Kelly is a me alone type.Was.said,he didn't listen much to his of and dc,and had little to do personally with.team members.LSU fans and.players will not hold to that persona.

If Saban loses to Kirby as expected combined with Auburn taking the Tide to an exhausting overtime game last week, Saban may finally step down while he still has his health. The competition is ramping up and Brian Kelly adds another competitive layer to recruiting and the schedule that must be dealt with. The NIL and transfer portal may also be changes that the old boy may decide are not worth dealing with. Do not count out the possibility of Nick retiring after this season and Swinney taking the Bama job.

My guess (and it's as good as anyone's at this point) Kelly will probably do about what he did at ND. He will get better talent at LSU, but will face better competition. Also, Saban ain't scared.

Nick Sabin isn’t afraid of anyone at this point. His main competition are guys who worked for him in the past and I believe only one of them has beat him and it was one game. He is not scared of Kelly.
Why would he be scared of a guy that looks like a middle aged Leprechaun with chronic hemorrhoids?

VN Store

Back