Brian Kelly- Most underpaid coach in America?

Idk, but in no way would I believe ND is one of the 4 best teams.
If you don't believe ND is one of the best 4 then I'm not sure how you can believe A&M is one of the best 4. Other than just personal bias in favor of the SEC and against ND. In the most generous analysis, A&M has a resume this year that is equivalent to ND's.

Both schools had a win and a blowout loss to another top team. A&M's second best win was against a mediocre Auburn team. ND's second best win was against a pretty good North Carolina team. Both schools had plenty of wins, some of which were very underwhelming, against downright bad teams.

I see very little difference between their resumes, slight edge probably going to ND.

He can come here... we can pay him a lot of money and he won't have to produce anything for another 4 or 5 years.

Isn't that how it works around here?

The $1.8 million figure is a little deceiving. That’s what he received from the school in base salary and incentives. He also gets money directly from Under Armour and the university makes payments to his LLC, that they don’t have to disclose on federal disclosure papers. I would guess his total compensation is around $4 million.

how does he survive with such pittance?

Reactions: BUBear and Zues1
LSU is going from having a coach that is the living embodiment of their fanbase to a coach that couldn't be more different from their fanbase. It's hilarious
But who doesn't like gumbo? He'll get his crystal football there and then promptly retire... before he gets fired.

What is Notre Dames justification for the small salary? seems like there are assistants that make 2 million a year.

Of 130 head coaches in Division 1 football; Brian Kelly’s $1.8 million annual salary is a jaw dropping 65th... oh and there is absolutely no buyout to his contract...

Kelly’s teams have not won championships which really is the only thing that matters in South Bend but I don’t think Jesus would approve of the way they are treating a 3x national coach of the year that has had them in the national championship hunt fairly regularly.

Think it’s time they pay the man.
No wonder he’s bolting !!

Of 130 head coaches in Division 1 football; Brian Kelly’s $1.8 million annual salary is a jaw dropping 65th... oh and there is absolutely no buyout to his contract...

Kelly’s teams have not won championships which really is the only thing that matters in South Bend but I don’t think Jesus would approve of the way they are treating a 3x national coach of the year that has had them in the national championship hunt fairly regularly.

Think it’s time they pay the man.[/QUOTE

ND, being a private school doesn't need to quote their compensation package..... and they don't. You obviously don't know what you are talking about. FWIW, sources close to Notre Dame have said his total package there amounted to 7.0-7.5M. That is no small change if true.

I’ve heard that he was drawing significantly more than the $1.8 million on paper but even still; $1.8 million on paper without any buyout, contract guarantees etc is an embarrassment.

Notre Dame deserved to lose him.

Reactions: beamerman
What is Notre Dames justification for the small salary? seems like there are assistants that make 2 million a year.
Notre Dame doesn't disclose his entire compensation, much like Coach K and Duke.

Reports are coming out saying that he was making around $7 million a year. He got money directly from UA and Notre Dame also “donated” to his LLC.

I’ve heard that he was drawing significantly more than the $1.8 million on paper but even still; $1.8 million on paper without any buyout, contract guarantees etc is an embarrassment.

Notre Dame deserved to lose him.
do not believe this crap. Maybe what they show but he is or was 7 to 8 mill with everything.

VN Store

Back