Brian Jean-Mary Hired As LB Coach

What gives? Has the contract not been hammered out? Is the administration lazy?
LWS or Deerpark or someone once said that web page is populated by student volunteers. Consequently, both the accuracy and the timeliness of information sometimes suffer.

Maybe wait until the weekend is over and they get back in classes / routine.

My insider says it is the weekend and most likely the web nerds are not at work. My insider did confirm a website update is coming and to look for it to be updated on an upcoming Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday..soonish.

Reactions: greenwheel
FYI-Just a short while ago,Urban Meyer was trying to lure Brian Jean Merry to Jacksonville to coach LB's.For whatever reason he decided to stay in Ann Arbor.Our coach got him to come to UT.Urban wanting him makes me think he may be a good coach.And he has a rep. as a good recruiter!

Yes, I was struck by both those quirks, as well. I'm guessing his family came to the US via Canada, and somehow a first name became a last name there, as well as the spelling becoming Americanized (ie to y). Strange things can happen when you drag names through ports of embarkation and customs offices. :)
Oh, so true. And don’t get my wife started on speakers of Canadian-style French. Fingernails across a chalkboard to her ear. The only thing stranger is cajun...which amuses Her. Name changes coming through Ellis Island, etc.: also personally true for my wife’s family. Her grandparents immigrated from Italy...last name Patrino. By the time they got to West Virginia (of all places!), all of their documents renamed them Patruno.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
This is VolNation. We are gonna totally botch that French last name. I mean, we're gonna splatter it over the wall, rub our hair in it, and run around the house shaking it onto all the furniture.

Ain't no way even 5% of us are going to be pronouncing it right in our heads. I even speak French, and I can't think of a way to explain how it's supposed to sound to those who don't. I mean, "Okay, the 'jean' is not like blue jeans, it's more like a sound halfway between John and Sean...like a 'zh' sound followed by "on," but just barely pronounce the 'n' like an afterhthought. What? Hell, I don't know how to tell you what 'zh' sounds like, it sounds like 'zh.' Just half way between tho...oh, never mind."

I foresee a Christopher Lloyd Buckaroo Bonzai John Bigboote moment in our futures... (One of best movies of all time!)

This is VolNation. We are gonna totally botch that French last name. I mean, we're gonna splatter it over the wall, rub our hair in it, and run around the house shaking it onto all the furniture.

Ain't no way even 5% of us are going to be pronouncing it right in our heads. I even speak French, and I can't think of a way to explain how it's supposed to sound to those who don't. I mean, "Okay, the 'jean' is not like blue jeans, it's more like a sound halfway between John and Sean...like a 'zh' sound followed by "on," but just barely pronounce the 'n' like an afterhthought. What? Hell, I don't know how to tell you what 'zh' sounds like, it sounds like 'zh.' Just half way between tho...oh, never mind."
We finally figured out Kiffen and Dormandy and Wayna. Still gotta navigate Gardner. 😏

FYI-Just a short while ago,Urban Meyer was trying to lure Brian Jean Merry to Jacksonville to coach LB's.For whatever reason he decided to stay in Ann Arbor.Our coach got him to come to UT.Urban wanting him makes me think he may be a good coach.And he has a rep. as a good recruiter!
Urban was interested and interviewed him but went another direction. He’s a good coach and recruiter, but he didn’t turn Jacksonville down to go to Tennessee.

Reactions: alvinkamara
Urban was interested and interviewed him but went another direction. He’s a good coach and recruiter, but he didn’t turn Jacksonville down to go to Tennessee.

I like the other version better. I believe he turned Urbie down and I am not changing my view.

I hope we can tap into that fertile recruiting ground in TX...... lordsaban raped and pillaged TX in the last recruiting cycle.......now that Sark is there, it will become even more difficult to land 4 and 5 stars......BJM's relationships at the high school level will be critical in getting that talent to Knoxville. We must
recruit close to the level of bammer and GA in the coming 4 years to get and stay competitive......lordsaban is the best primarily because of his recruiting prowess........even the best coaches can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.......

VN Store

Back