Brett McMurphy source: College Football Season is Done

You just seriously disappointed some of the dooms dayers on this board.

Imagine the SEC not salivating over the premise of playing even 3/4 games as the only show in town on a fall Saturday. The Big XII is right there with them, and pretending as if everything is over just because Dan Wolken’s gynecomastia deems it so is truly lending credence to the brand of insanity that would have one lobotomized in the good ol’ days.

Last edited:
Whatever happens from this point the season will have a huge * beside it. The strength of schedule is out the window because of the amount of players that will be sidelined each week. Are we playing Bama at full strength, half strength or what strength? Possibly an entire team will be sidelined and many games canceled. I am looking at it like a bunch of exhibition games nothing more. Better than nothing but meaningless otherwise.
Im looking at this 10 game fall season as something that never happens. Given current infection rates across SEC states, it doesn't make sense to project a fall season starting in late September. I doubt there will be a season till at least March if then

Imagine the SEC not salivating over the premise of playing even 3/4 games as the only show in town on a fall Saturday. The Big XII is right there with them, and pretending as if everything is over just because Dan Wolken’s gynecomastia seems it so is truly lending credence to the brand of insanity that would have one lobotomized in the good ol’ days.

Hahaha!

Exactly. The SEC would be fools not to want to be the only show in town if everyone else folds. The SEC already recruits at the highest level, imagine the bump in recruiting then. A scenario like that would ensure continued SEC dominance and it wouldn't even be close.

Americans are going to have to freakin revolt at some point I guess for them to release these damn restictions. Over 99 percent survival rate and now cali, texas, florida and others number once again going down. At what point do we have to freakin get to for them to quit trying to enforce this crazy crap. Influenza kills many more folks along with cancer and so on. At some point we got to go on living, especially with over a 99 percent mortality rate. It makes no sense to banckrupt and disrupt lives to this extent much longer, we cannot sustain this. Period. GBO and God Bless!!!!

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
Yeah, but the long term impacts they argue about players playing a sport with known long term impacts.

Society has entered into a retardation of sorts over this CoronaVirus.

Some want a 100 guarantee, nothing in life is 100 percent. At some folks, it has to become either play or don't. But you cannot keep people from living their lives and going to events forever. Bottom line is the mortality rate is over 99 percent, so we are going to shut down a country and continue to try and prevent every folks right from doing everything until we can guarantee 100 percent you won't get a virus that kills less than 1 percent it effects. That is insane and will most certainly ruin the country more than this virus ever did or can. FACT! GBO and God Bless!

We were discussing player safety. I pointed out the nonsense of that by giving just one of many examples; heatstroke practice deaths. I could have also pointed out players getting paralyzed on the field, players getting maimed for life, players getting CTE through concussions, etc. All of this decidedly worse in the long term than a player getting a cold.

But because you, nor anyone else, can adequately dispute the silliness of this being a “player safety issue” in the sport of football, you drag in family members of players as the issue. Here’s a reality for you to accept; this virus, like everything else in our country right now, has become wildly political and it’ll stay that way until after 11/3.
Do you really think things won’t be political after 11/3? I’ll have to disagree on that point.

Some want a 100 guarantee, nothing in life is 100 percent. At some folks, it has to become either play or don't. But you cannot keep people from living their lives and going to events forever. Bottom line is the mortality rate is over 99 percent, so we are going to shut down a country and continue to try and prevent every folks right from doing everything until we can guarantee 100 percent you won't get a virus that kills less than 1 percent it effects. That is insane and will most certainly ruin the country more than this virus ever did or can. FACT! GBO and God Bless!

My bigger concerns are these:
The as yet not known long lasting health effects (heart and lung damage) to the athletes.
The exposure to the older more susceptible coaches.
The exposure to friends and family members (especially older ones).
The fear that athletes would not stay away from sex with coeds during the season thereby spreading Covid to greater campus. (A condom doesn’t stop Covid).

The as yet not known long lasting health effects (heart and lung damage) to the athletes.
The fear that athletes would not stay away from sex with coeds during the season thereby spreading Covid to greater campus. (A condom doesn’t stop Covid).

No worries. Easy stuff. lol

Oh please.

With some 99 percent of college age people who get it become asymptomatic.

And for the 1,000th time, if they play they have the luxury of enforced safety protocols and testing that they will not get if they dont play.

They will LITERALLY BE AT MORE RISK OF CATCHING IT IF THEY DONT PLAY.

Now that they won't play they're just gonna hide away in a bunker?

Do you not realize that the CDC said that actual case levels are 6 to 24 times higher than is reported? That's like 30 to 120 million cases and counting!

They will be hanging out with their teammates and friends anyway. No incentive to be careful. They'll still go to restaursnts, grocery stores and parties.

Asinine.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Oh please.

With some 99 percent of college age people who get it become asymptomatic.

And for the 1,000th time, if they play they have the luxury of enforced safety protocols and testing that they will not get if they dont play.

They will LITERALLY BE AT MORE RISK OF CATCHING IT IF THEY DONT PLAY.

Now that they won't play they're just gonna hide away in a bunker?

Do you not realize that the CDC said that actual case levels are 6 to 24 times higher than is reported? That's like 30 to 120 million cases and counting!

They will be hanging out with their teammates and friends anyway. No incentive to be careful. They'll still go to restaursnts, grocery stores and parties.

Asinine.

You make good points.
I just don’t know what is best.
I LOVE college football but I don’t want people getting health problems further in their lives or causing them to others just because they are asymptomatic.
Since money decides most things, the fear of lawsuits by parents of infected players or the dropping of insurance policies might guide the colleges decision not to play this fall.

Reactions: Dumbledorange
You make good points.
I just don’t know what is best.
I LOVE college football but I don’t want people getting health problems further in their lives or causing them to others just because they are asymptomatic.
Since money decides most things, the fear of lawsuits by parents of infected players or the dropping of insurance policies might guide the colleges decision not to play this fall.

It's a guarantee.

What will be the economic impact on the city of Knoxville of no college football?

Good grief. People are getting sick with the flu....some die. No different than normal except on a much smaller scale. There is no hasmat cry, only suggestions for social distancing. If anyone can't see this is foul it's beyond me. It has crippled our country over a flu. Insanity......

Yeah but is it better than dying?
No it’s not. Im more at risk of dying Everytime I get behind the wheel of a car but I still do it because the benefits to my life outweigh the risks. Now I’m being forced to live as a prisoner in my own home because of a virus that has less than 1% death rate to anyone under the age of 70 which undoubtedly would be lower if a few governors hadn’t been complete idiots and forced nursing homes to take in covid patients. The state I’m living in 70% of the deaths come from nursing homes. But hey, the leader of of the state health department got their mom out of the nursing home before signing a policy that condemned the only ones that are severely vulnerable to die. So excuse me if I don’t trust what these fools say is best for me, they have a completely different set of rules they live by.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

VN Store

Back