Brett McMurphy source: College Football Season is Done

So do all other scientists who make all other discoveries that completely change the course of history.

He studies viruses for a living. There was not some monumental technological advancements between the time he changed his mind that could be pointed to as the reason for the changed mind.

The apologists that some of you are willing to be for this guy's ineptness, knows no bounds.

He studies viruses for a living. There was not some monumental technological advancements between the time he changed his mind that could be pointed to as the reason for the changed mind.

The apologists that some of you are willing to be for this guy's ineptness, knows no bounds.

Yes. Yes there is.

When he said "masks aren't the best way to stop the virus, dont wear them" it was based on the assumption that people would be using common sense and staying away from one another.

When the country went off the rails and decided their rights were more important than rules and the numbers shot up because nobody was listening to the advise then he said "well wearing a mask is better than not wearing one to prevent asymptomatic people from giving the virus to unsuspecting victims". He also didnt want to cause run on masks so that health care providers didnt run out of them.

The advise was to stay the f at home and let the people at the hospitals have the protection from people who are actually sick. But people didnt stay home. And here we are.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
Yes. Yes there is.

When he said "masks aren't the best way to stop the virus, dont wear them" it was based on the assumption that people would be using common sense and staying away from one another.

When the country went off the rails and decided their rights were more important than rules and the numbers shot up because nobody was listening to the advise then he said "well wearing a mask is better than not wearing one to prevent asymptomatic people from giving the virus to unsuspecting victims". He also didnt want to cause run on masks so that health care providers didnt run out of them.

The advise was to stay the f at home and let the people at the hospitals have the protection from people who are actually sick. But people didnt stay home. And here we are.
Health care providers ran out of them anyway. So instead of suggesting to the public that they wear masks from the get go to keep them from spreading it to healthcare workers, he says don’t wear them. Fauci is a politician who happens to be a doctor. He’s been playing games with this, hence the photos of him not wearing a mask or practicing social distancing on a few different occasions.

My impression of Fauci's original comments on masks were aimed at keeping everyday folks from buying up a bunch of limited PPE, thus keeping it from being acquired by the professionals that needed it. He was also stressing the need to socially distance and, above all, stay home. Even today, the emphasis is on staying away from others whenever practical and wearing a mask when it's not.

In honesty, I'm not sure it's so much an advancement in scientific knowledge so much as it's the unfortunate realization that many Americans are too self-centered or too stupid to take even the simplest steps to combat this disease.

My impression of Fauci's original comments on masks were aimed at keeping everyday folks from buying up a bunch of limited PPE, thus keeping it from being acquired by the professionals that needed it. He was also stressing the need to socially distance and, above all, stay home. Even today, the emphasis is on staying away from others whenever practical and wearing a mask when it's not.

In honesty, I'm not sure it's so much an advancement in scientific knowledge so much as it's the unfortunate realization that many Americans are too self-centered or too stupid to take even the simplest steps to combat this disease.

Well that is better than the original condescending and falsehood of ...."It's SCIENCE people!"

Well that is better than the original condescending and falsehood of ...."It's SCIENCE people!"

Oh, it's still science, it's just not based in an advancement in scientific knowledge. Sometimes scientific conclusions have to be adjusted for the reality on the ground. Science is only worthwhile to the extent that people are willing to acknowledge it.

During COVID, they find themselves posting to sports forums.

Last edited:
Oh, it's still science, it's just not based in an advancement in scientific knowledge. Sometimes scientific conclusions have to be adjusted for the reality on the ground. Science is only worthwhile to the extent that people are willing to acknowledge it.

It wasnt science. Not in the sense of this BS you and others espouse on here. He didnt change course because of discovery of some new info.

You know, like your little world is flat nonsense.

You realize your analogy doesn't make any sense right? The only person you're putting in danger is you (or your eye technically). Masks are supposed to protect others from you, so not wearing one puts others at risk. He asked for a real reason why you wouldn't wear a mask, and apparently you don't have one (cause there are no logical reasons).

I am at work right now observing a machine run that I have made some programming changes to. I am wearing one as we speak.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Contract with Comcast til Nov - had them because their internet is probably the best around - Ill keep that and look for something with the SEC N in it -- since Illinois isnt a SEC state its hard to find a provider with it
Yep, tough to impossible to replace the internet component.

There goes the Big 10 officially, some of you all need to start waking up to reality...

Ironically, the reason given to not wear a mask is "don't succumb to fear, they(sic) are taking away our rights". Is that not succumbing to fear, if a person refuses to wear a mask because they fear their rights are disappearing?

Why yes it is. lol

Recently studies are showing strange things about this virus. Here are a couple of things that I have seen recently published.

1. Some of the conventional high risk categories actually aren't. People with asthma and allergies appear to tolerate the virus well.
2. Health nuts may be in more danger. Antivaxers and germaphobes may not do as well against the illness.
a) Having the measles, pneumonia, or flu vaccine in the last 5 years appears to improve tolerance or provide resistance to the virus.
b) If you've been exposed to another type of coronavirus in the last couple of years then you are more likely to be asymptomatic or present a mild case.

Health care providers ran out of them anyway. So instead of suggesting to the public that they wear masks from the get go to keep them from spreading it to healthcare workers, he says don’t wear them. Fauci is a politician who happens to be a doctor. He’s been playing games with this, hence the photos of him not wearing a mask or practicing social distancing on a few different occasions.

Fauci is not a politician. He did not run for his office. He was appointed by Ronald Reagan.

Reactions: Dumbledorange

LOL I aint buying what your selling. Like the photo of him not wearing a mask at the baseball game with literally no one else in the stands except the two that were with him? He hasn't been playing games at all. But listen to Trump all you want. I got a bottle of bleach right here I'd be happy to watch you swill.LOL

VN Store

Back