Brent Pry To Virginia Tech

What do you guys think about the hire? As the parent of a Hokie, I was hoping for a bigger splash. Admittedly, I don't know anything about Pry so it may be a splash hire.

What do you guys think about the hire? As the parent of a Hokie, I was hoping for a bigger splash. Admittedly, I don't know anything about Pry so it may be a splash hire.
I don't know about this hire but Oklahoma has always feasted off of hiring coordinators. They've only hired on HC since the late 1940s and Schnellenberger only lasted one season.

He's a google coach, obviously. Nobody anywhere was talking about him being a head coach. He has some years as assistant head coach. I don't know much that prepares you. Don't know.

Clearly a "defensive minded" look at Virginia Tech with him. Reading some comments on an online article, people are saying he recruits well.

Hard to tell just yet. Many of my former co-workers at VT had the same reaction as the rest of us. Who? Then they read that he was a GA under Foster there and think this is the guy they wanted all along.

He's a google coach, obviously. Nobody anywhere was talking about him being a head coach. He has some years as assistant head coach. I don't know much that prepares you. Don't know.

Clearly a "defensive minded" look at Virginia Tech with him. Reading some comments on an online article, people are saying he recruits well.

Virginia has always been an underrated recruiting area and if Pry hires a solid staff, he will do well at Virginia Tech.

VN Store

Back