Brent Hubbs

tngivm6

The time will soon come that ole Bob “Checkerboard” decides it’s time to step aside, along with Pat.
When that time comes, AD needs to bring back Mike Keith as play by play and add Brent Hubbs as color commentator. They both learned from the best John Ward. And in my honest opinion would be a huge upgrade.
I didn’t realize Hubbs background before I watched this video.

Love to have Mike Keith back......dude is a stellar announcer. Afraid Titans wont let him go though and if I remember correctly he actually has the title of VP of Titans Broadcasting. Going to be hard to get him back.

The time will soon come that ole Bob “Checkerboard” decides it’s time to step aside, along with Pat.
When that time comes, AD needs to bring back Mike Keith as play by play and add Brent Hubbs as color commentator. They both learned from the best John Ward. And in my honest opinion would be a huge upgrade.

I"d never, ever listen if Mike Keith were doing play by play. A screaming megalomaniac.

Bob has done a much better job this year.
I agree.
Due to other things in life going on, I've had to listen to more games than watch them and Bob has been better this season.
I think part of that is being more familiar with Pat being in the booth.
He and Pat are closer in attitude and demeanor than he and Tim Priest were...Tim would get wound around the axle and you could tell Bob would get frantic and lost.

As far as replacement though, when the time comes, Mike Keith would be a good replacement of UT could lure him away.
I would like to hear Brian Rice give a shot at broadcasting a football game once to see how he would fit - does an excellent job with the Lady Vols.

I dont think, nor do I think HE thinks he should be the centerpiece. I dont think his health can handle the rigors of being a Caster.

However, I'm 100% with you. Ive been a Hubbs fan since the Dick Broadcasting days. Huge fan of radio. Great dude who deserves all the success.

Color, would be his forte.

Reactions: tngivm6
Bob next year attempting to say Nico's last name...

OIP.nkr87u4xkI5ROLjDue7ILAHaEK

"Imahavanna...Miamivienna...uh....uh...Emviaslovinia...."

Yeah, Brent is okay. If he chooses he wants to stay. He's commented several times - retirement is not that far off.
As for Keith - he turned an offer down to come back. Not sure where you were or how old you are. That's that...
Next, the AD does NOT hire the production staff for Vol Network. It's owned by Learfield. Now, he can offer input,
but that's about it. Bob worked for JP after a short career with WBIR - 10.

He wouldn’t necessarily have to leave the Titans. There are now, and have been many in the past, who have done college games on Saturday’s and NFL games on Sunday’s.
He was asked that question several years ago, his reply was no he isn’t leaving the titans.

That would not be a bad duo to upgrade to.

VN Store

Back