Brent Cimaglia

Some of y’all hating me for posting about a guy who left UT probably have posts on here hating on Eric Gray, To’oTo’o, Wanya Morris, etc…so just stop unless you’re going to defend those guys too

Maybe he wasn't gonna keep the job? Maybe it was a mutual decision? Wish him well. Don't really care about kids who left because I'm so damned proud of the ones who stayed and have given us a really surprising season. I'll confess that I had zero expectations this year. No way would I have imagined them playing the way that they have and as consistently as they have. No one has been "overlooked". We've been ready to roll from the opening kick in every game. I couldn't be more pleased with the job the entire team has done.

Or maybe he just got tired of the revolving door that has been UT football (players and staff) for the time he had been a part of the team and just wanted a change in the scenery.

Some of y’all hating me for posting about a guy who left UT probably have posts on here hating on Eric Gray, To’oTo’o, Wanya Morris, etc…so just stop unless you’re going to defend those guys too

Aaaaaannddd, this is the argument you start to use when you realize you got caught in stupid mode. Hit the reset my friend. It’s not too late! Happens to the best of us!! 😂

Reactions: volsofsteele
Aaaaaannddd, this is the argument you start to use when you realize you got caught in stupid mode. Hit the reset my friend. It’s not too late! Happens to the best of us!! 😂
I’m still waiting to hear why I can’t be bitter about a guy who leaves his teammates out to dry. Sorry for being salty about it, but you can’t have a double standard with other guys either.

In general I hate to see the lack of commitment from some of these athletes. Sometimes you’ve got to learn to adapt to change and grind it out to get to the other side. HOWEVER…

We don’t know what’s going on in the lives of these young men. I trust they are getting good counsel from coaching staff, admin, family, and Higher Power. It happens all too often on this site that players are trashed without giving them any consideration or benefit. Not cool.

This is the new normal in college football because of the portal - it’s no longer about commitment, it’s about opportunity. The coaches that are most adept at navigating this new normal to improve their rosters immediately will benefit the most. I think this is where Heupel is in his thinking.

Reactions: AdoptedVOL
I’m still waiting to hear why I can’t be bitter about a guy who leaves his teammates out to dry. Sorry for being salty about it, but you can’t have a double standard with other guys either.

Do you know Brent? I don’t. Do you know his family or reasons for leaving that weren’t public info? I don’t. And you don’t either. Here’s what I do know, this doesn’t sound like a guy who abandoned his team or was bitter:

“These last four years have meant a lot to me. I was able to fulfill a dream of playing in front of the most passionate fan base in the country. I have made lifelong friends and will cherish these memories forever. With that being said, it is time for me to move forward in the best interest of me and my family. I will be entering the transfer portal to finish my last season. I want to say thank you for everything, Volnation. You will always be a part of my life and as always, go Big Orange!”

So, that’s why.

This is the new normal in college football because of the portal - it’s no longer about commitment, it’s about opportunity. The coaches that are most adept at navigating this new normal to improve their rosters immediately will benefit the most. I think this is where Heupel is in his thinking.

You have stated well and I understand.

From my perspective, there is no commitment or compass any more in our culture and I’m not a fan. Whatever people want to say, do, or believe is fine. I am going to miss those days where a person stands for something bigger than self and honors commitment and a moral code.

Reactions: TennVols12
Based on responses the OP has a minority opinion. A very small, teeny weenie, itty bitty minority opinion, which is his gosh darned American right. Isn’t this a great country? We all have the right to say dumb stuff.

And I think I just proved my own point.

Not sure why you’d EVER leave Tennessee to go to Georgia Tech…

We’re going bowling, his college career is over Saturday.

Kicker…no excuse to transfer due to coaching. They aren’t even at practice 80% of the time with the team.

Good riddance.

11-15
Missed 3 extra points.

Go Vols.
Maybe he desired a degree from GT. Same with Ryan Johnson. Not everyone is going to the NFL.

Based on responses the OP has a minority opinion. A very small, teeny weenie, itty bitty minority opinion, which is his gosh darned American right. Isn’t this a great country? We all have the right to say dumb stuff.

And I think I just proved my own point.
Makes you feel real good, doesn’t it?

You have stated well and I understand.

From my perspective, there is no commitment or compass any more in our culture and I’m not a fan. Whatever people want to say, do, or believe is fine. I am going to miss those days where a person stands for something bigger than self and honors commitment and a moral code.
I agree with the importance of commitment and loyalty. Sometimes loyalty to different things can come into conflict. I don't want to rush to judgement about someone else's decisions without knowing the facts.
There have been times when I've left jobs because I've had to choose between family and the job, or between my moral values and the job.
How do you rank your commitments to God, family, country, job, friends, football team, etc.?

Not sure why you’d EVER leave Tennessee to go to Georgia Tech…

We’re going bowling, his college career is over Saturday.

Kicker…no excuse to transfer due to coaching. They aren’t even at practice 80% of the time with the team.

Good riddance.

11-15
Missed 3 extra points.

Go Vols.

My take has always been that, along with many others, he was asked to transfer because he took money. Of course, I may be wrong. I wish the kid the best in life.

I agree with the importance of commitment and loyalty. Sometimes loyalty to different things can come into conflict. I don't want to rush to judgement about someone else's decisions without knowing the facts.
There have been times when I've left jobs because I've had to choose between family and the job, or between my moral values and the job.
How do you rank your commitments to God, family, country, job, friends, football team, etc.?

To rank would miss the Point. It is all about Jesus.

EDIT: That is simply my belief system and I respect the beliefs of others as long as they don’t infringe on mine

I hate all the guys that transferred IN to UT. They left their teammates out to dry and show no commitment. Mays, Velus, Hooker, McGrath, Tremblay, etc. can never be true Vols! I don’t count any touchdowns or tackles by anyone that transferred in to UT.

Just making sure I don’t support any double standards. I assume you completely agree.

Reactions: dd4vols

VN Store

Back