Breathe

tenascvol

Yes, we won by a small margin. Better than getting beat by a small margin. We can all agree we lack a PG to set up scores, yet we found a way. I have never posted on this forum, but I will try. Our football team posted some of the best offensive stats in the country without a shutdown defense. However, we managed an incredible season. We will not turn the ball over Saturday as much as we did today. I’m not saying we win, but survive and advance is our way of life. It is what it is.

Yes, we won by a small margin. Better than getting beat by a small margin. We can all agree we lack a PG to set up scores, yet we found a way. I have never posted on this forum, but I will try. Our football team posted some of the best offensive stats in the country without a shutdown defense. However, we managed an incredible season. We will not turn the ball over Saturday as much as we did today. I’m not saying we win, but survive and advance is our way of life. It is what it is.

So you expect Duke to not be as good on defense as La.?

They won that game with defensive rebounding. Backline needs to be more effective in getting the ball and passing out for the 3. Changes must be made on offense to get more point production without losing anything on defense.

Reactions: sanglemangle
Guards need to drive to the basket instead of settling for jump shots. I'm talking to you JJJ...
Agree. Also JP. They should run their game inside out. Would definitely help our team. As a 6'6 -6'8 player one would think this doesn't need to be said, but take the ball to the rim.

Reactions: vol94
Guards need to drive to the basket instead of settling for jump shots. I'm talking to you JJJ...

Literally every game we get to the half with zero or a couple of free throws. JJJ, Key, and Mashack need to drive and create fouls.

Agree. Also JP. They should run their game inside out. Would definitely help our team. As a 6'6 -6'8 player one would think this doesn't need to be said, but take the ball to the rim.

I’m not sure what is going on with Phillips but he doesn’t seem to be engaged. Idk if he was irritated that he didn’t start but he is much better than how he is playing. I hope the young man plays well Saturday.

I wonder if the offensive issues are directly related to so many guys playing together who aren't used to the others on the floor with them? Vescovi can't get free to attempt many shots, one, because he is have to play point most of the time, and two, whoever is guarding him is most likely the best defender on the other team. I think countinuity is off with so many players not used to each other. Too many empty possessions and turnovers. That has to get corrected or the season will end Saturday.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I wonder if the offensive issues are directly related to so many guys playing together who aren't used to the others on the floor with them? Vescovi can't get free to attempt many shots, one, because he is have to play point most of the time, and two, whoever is guarding him is most likely the best defender on the other team. I think countinuity is off with so many players not used to each other. Too many empty possessions and turnovers. That has to get corrected or the season will end Saturday.

They're essentially face guarding vescovi, the screens, when they're actually set, are not good. He's not getting that separation. We're struggling right now as a whole to score

Reactions: tennrich1
They're essentially face guarding vescovi, the screens, when they're actually set, are not good. He's not getting that separation. We're struggling right now as a whole to score

If the emphasis is on stopping Vescovi is that great then our other senior leader, all world, superstar, that you can't say anything bad about on here guy needs to finally show up. I'm talking about Kidgloves James.

If the emphasis is on stopping Vescovi is that great then our other senior leader, all world, superstar, that you can't say anything bad about on here guy needs to finally show up. I'm talking about Kidgloves James.
Can anyone else see the irony?

58 points won't beat Duke.
Duke is good no doubt but lets be honest the ACC was down some this year and Duke may be playing at a high level but they are far from being unbeatable and our Vols have shown they can beat any top 10 team. Kansas, Texas and Alabama. Plus the exhibition wins over Gonzaga and Michigan State. Yes we dont have ZZ. But our guys are capable of beating Duke if they dont play like they did the first half with careless turnovers and shoot somewhat respectable from the three line.I think the key to the game will actually be Uros and ORN showing up. We need an inside presence to open up some outside shots. And JM has to continue doing what he is doing and scoring around 10. I feel like this is his coming out the way Josh Richardson had his coming out in the tourney before he showed out his last year. JM is going to be a big time player the next couple of years.

Reactions: tennrich1
If we could be honest here, did anyone fill out their bracket with the Vols advancing over Duke ?

Duke is good no doubt but lets be honest the ACC was down some this year and Duke may be playing at a high level but they are far from being unbeatable and our Vols have shown they can beat any top 10 team. Kansas, Texas and Alabama. Plus the exhibition wins over Gonzaga and Michigan State. Yes we dont have ZZ. But our guys are capable of beating Duke if they dont play like they did the first half with careless turnovers and shoot somewhat respectable from the three line.I think the key to the game will actually be Uros and ORN showing up. We need an inside presence to open up some outside shots. And JM has to continue doing what he is doing and scoring around 10. I feel like this is his coming out the way Josh Richardson had his coming out in the tourney before he showed out his last year. JM is going to be a big time player the next couple of years.
I agree. Now being judgement day honest I'd have to say our matchups and stalling offense will be a major challenge against a rising Duke team BUT I learned a long time ago....Do not count out this Vols basketball program. I try to always refrain from making definitive statements about sports (I always make definite absolute statements about life...You remember the arguement "THERE ARE NO ABSOLUTES...and the simple statement that always put this kind of moronic thinking in place..."ARE THERE ABSOLUTELY NO ABSOLUTES") sorry about the rabbit there... but making those kinds of statements about sports can ONLY make one look rather foolish. Phew...I enjoyed that post:D:D

Reactions: DuckInAPen
They won that game with defensive rebounding. Backline needs to be more effective in getting the ball and passing out for the 3. Changes must be made on offense to get more point production without losing anything on defense.
Yeah we don't seem to have much of a strategy on ball movement, inside/out, drives to the basket being aggressive. At one point in second half, was looking at guys on the floor, openly wondering "who's going to be able to score?". When Mashack, Key and Plavsic are your leading scorers, you're generally not looking at a W

Is this really only the 16th time that TN has won a game in an NCAAT?

Beating Duke would be TN’s 9th Sweet 16 and CRB’s 8th. It’s a big opportunity to help lift TN to another level. TN is close to becoming an all-time top 25 program. They’re still probably in the 30-35 range.

I think the next fast break bucket will be our first one all year… we never run and it’s sad.

VN Store

Back