BREAKING: Tennessee officials discussing football coach Butch Jones immediate future

Yep it was dumb when they did it with Fulmer too.

Obviously, they are waiting until the end of the season as his buyout goes down a few million dollars.

If he was legitimately fired, why would he have any reason to coach? Losing/Winning would no longer matter for his future.

BS. I’ll give you the APR stuff but nothing else. Everything else in there, primarily the attitudes of Currie and that idiot Davenport, seemed spot on and consistent with much of what we’ve heard from other sources.

But let’s not let facts get in your way.

In terms of the APR stuff, he basically said that our APR is good enough to at least quality for a bowl at 5-7. He said when you combine that with our history of traveling well to bowl games, there is a decent chance we could still go to one at 5-7. He wasn’t saying our APR was great or anything like that. He was mad that we might make a bowl at 5-7 due his belief that the AD might try to use that as justification for keeping Butch, so maybe he is exaggerating a little. I honestly don’t know how all that works in terms of what 5-7 teams get picked for bowl games. Obviously it would depend on how many bowl spots still needed to be filled.

From Grant Ramey...

“Was also told the team meeting people are talking about tonight was a bad rumor.”

They would not have a "team meeting" tonight, since it would cause them to drop another meeting during the week? NCAA rule on number of meetings?

In terms of the APR stuff, he basically said that our APR is good enough to at least quality for a bowl at 5-7. He said when you combine that with our history of traveling well to bowl games, there is a decent chance we could still go to one at 5-7. He wasn’t saying our APR was great or anything like that. He was mad that we might make a bowl at 5-7 due his belief that the AD might try to use that as justification for keeping Butch, so maybe he is exaggerating a little. I honestly don’t know how all that works in terms of what 5-7 teams get picked for bowl games. Obviously it would depend on how many bowl spots still needed to be filled.

Then your friend in the AD is wrong man. Our APR is not good enough to qualify for a bowl. We are to far down the list for that to be possible this year. Sorry.

So the media on Monday is going to make UT look like a bunch of fools and remain the laughing stock of the SEC once again but this time not only for losing to Kentucky but for Florida firing their coach immediately and we don’t.

Well done

Reactions: 1 person
Nothing happening boys. At least we know not to listen to Griffith with coach search updates when that time comes. Gnite

Nothing happening boys. At least we know not to listen to Griffith with coach search updates when that time comes. Gnite

They are saying the meeting Griffith made reference to actually took place.... the team meeting came from different sources.

Explain this to me? Florida fires a coach then sends him on his way. If Butch has been fired, why are we not watching a press conference tonight? Looks like we been "had" folks!

First of all, there is no team meeting and Currie and Butch did meet earlier today but it was about alternate uniforms and a marketing campaign UT is working on. I have one contact who works within the UT AD; we were best friends growing up and I still talk to him once or twice a week. I wouldn’t say he is real high up in the AD but it’s not like he’s at the bottom of the totem pole either. I always try to get information out of him but he usually won’t give me much, usually just saying he’s not really privy to all the inside info. But I spoke to him earlier today, and as a big UT fan, he’s obviously real upset about what is going on. He finally opened up to me a little bit, and he said the talk within the department is that Currie really doesn’t want to replace any major coaches, such as football and men’s / women’s basketball, in his first year. Also, apparently the Chancellor and President are believed to have put some pressure on Currie to keep things the same for now, as they feel the athletic department has finally turned a corner financially, and they don’t want to spend a bunch of money on a buyout right now. He said the boosters definitely are putting pressure in the other direction, but he states the boosters really don’t have as much influence this time around, at least not as much as a lot of people think...he said it’s more important what the Chancellor and President want to do. Plus he said our new Chancellor feels like our boosters have had too much influence on the AD in the past. And then there is also the problem of trying to get the boosters on the same page in terms of a replacement. He thinks that if a move is made, it won’t be until after the season. And if Butch makes a bowl game, the administration will definitely try to keep him. Plus he said we will likely make a bowl at 5-7 due to our improved APR and how well the fans travel. He said if attendance really falls off, that might change their minds. He wanted to emphasize that this is just what he had heard within the AD and as of now, should just be considered rumors...none of this came from Currie himself. He did add, however, that he personally thinks we will end up going 4-8 and a change will have to be made. But if we somehow make a bowl, he said not to be surprised if they just try to sell this as one down year due to new quarterbacks and a lot of injuries.

Now I see why your friend doesn't tell you anything. :)

Man. Not even once have you actually addressed what I said.

You said some guy was probably accurate. I said here are two facts in his post that are blantantly wrong.

Then you attacked me

And now you are saying that his “post is consistent with what we heard” is a fact.

I don’t even know how to continue this conversation with you. Hope you have a good night or something

You’re in another world here. And I “attacked” you? I simply agreed with his post and you cane jumping in with both feet.

No need to continue. Have a good one.

Gruden to announce he has accepted Job as HC of the Vols on Monday Night Football tomorrow. Soon.

HTTP3N0YXRpYy5mamNkbi5jb20vZ2lmcy9NZncrbm90K3N1cmUraWYrc29tZW9uZXMram9raW5nK29yK2R1bWJfMjhlOWI0XzQ4MzczOTguZ2lm.gif

You’re in another world here. And I “attacked” you? I simply agreed with his post and you cane jumping in with both feet.

No need to continue. Have a good one.

I think you to need to reread what I said. I attacked HIS facts, not you at all.

You seemed to jump like I was hammering you. Wasn’t you. It was things his friend told him that weren’t true.

I think it is safe for no one to believe anything much posted on this board right now

Nope. We’ve all been fooled again by the amateur athletic department at UT

The AD? Really? I don't think Currie and/or his staff is posting BS on this site and creating bogus Twitter accounts. Even more they aren't forcing fools to believe it.

The only thing more annoying than CBJ still being employed by UT, is the multitude of people on here with "sources". I swear I'm just going to wait for the official announcement by some verified news source.

VN Store

Back