Breaking: SEC Approves Conference Only Schedule - Season starts Sep 26

I'm enjoying the pucker factor ratcheting up daily for those who proclaimed there would be no college football in 2020. You have family members already using crowbars prying chairs off your donkeys as you get up from your kitchen table every morning to write your daily diatribes how there will be no college football. The writings on the wall and you still can't smell what The Rock is cookin'!!

This was coming for a while now, I would rather they start earlier in September so there was more room to postpone games if things get crazy.

Reactions: Tnphil
I’ll take any football I can get, but I was looking forward to the Oklahoma game.
Living in Dallas I was too. I thought I was going to get to make a 3 hour drive to see the Vols play. Just my luck. Starting to think that COVID is my fault now that I think about it. Haha

Reactions: Freak
If JG gets pulled inside a game, he may never see the field again. imo
I'd say that's a good bet with the likely improvement of BM, JTS, and Bailey coming on board. Just too many talented options to put up with bad QB play. Tennessee is a good QB away of competing for the SEC. Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for JG, but that has continually led to disappointment. Let's hope that with a second year under the same coordinator for the first time ever he is better. Doubt Chaney can teach him to ever sense back-side pressure though.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
The only OOC game I can see being played among the giant conferences at this point, unless the ACC and Big XII decide to play smaller schools, is Notre Dame vs. Navy.

Talk about being 100% wrong on my part... not only is the ACC going full steam ahead with their lower-G5 OOC games (and Liberty, thrice!), but Notre Dame is eschewing their 90+ consecutive games against Navy for... Western Michigan.

ACC Unveils 2020 Football Schedule

Reactions: FBtime
Talk about being 100% wrong on my part... not only is the ACC going full steam ahead with their lower-G5 OOC games (and Liberty, thrice!), but Notre Dame is eschewing their 90+ consecutive games against Navy for... Western Michigan.

ACC Unveils 2020 Football Schedule

Man SEC AD's must be fighting it out over the schedule changes. Can't think of any other reason for it to be taking this long.

I'm enjoying the pucker factor ratcheting up daily for those who proclaimed there would be no college football in 2020. You have family members already using crowbars prying chairs off your donkeys as you get up from your kitchen table every morning to write your daily diatribes how there will be no college football. The writings on the wall and you still can't smell what The Rock is cookin'!!

Wow. That is a trolling attempt at an argument when EVERYONE on this board is happy we will see at least some college football.

Just enjoy it, dude!

If they cancel the season, we still deserve to see the 10 game schedule. It's going to be EPIC!!

Gotta be. If Tennessee got stuck with LSU and aTm as their other two games I bet Fulmer wouldn't be too happy about it.
We need to think about it from the West stand point too. Does LSU, aTm or Auburn want to play us? Given the chance to play Vandy, MO, SC or even KY they will be doing all they can to lobby against playing us.

Reactions: norrislakevol
I predict that with 70 wins (and thus 70 losses) available for the SEC this year, and assuming that the .500 rule is still in effect for postseason the scheduling will be done so that Vandy USC and MO won't face ARK , MSST or Ole Miss as part of the added games. Winless Vandy and Arkansas (and one more if possible) would be good for the SEC.

VN Store

Back