Breaking: SEC Approves Conference Only Schedule - Season starts Sep 26

Good point, but I really feel that Even against a weak opponent the coaches could see if JG was better, or up to the same ole shenanigans.

JG was a big reason we lost to GA State last year and it didn’t influence the coach’s decision on his playing time. Don’t think him playing poorly in game one would change anything this year either.

JG was a big reason we lost to GA State last year and it didn’t influence the coach’s decision on his playing time. Don’t think him playing poorly in game one would change anything this year either.

A can't argue with you with any certainty, but they did pull him later in the year. Maybe that would continue if he still showed negative signs? He played absolutely terrible in the BYU game too.

Reactions: 08Vol
I sometimes hate that we open our season against UF.
We have been historically unprepared (at least for the last 20 years) to play them as our first SEC game.

I still dont think our game with them will get moved, but who knows at this point.

Its just nice that we can even think football's an inch closer to reality for this season.

Reactions: BUCCnVOLfan
Miss St. and Arkansas, while we pick up the defending National Champion and and a Lane Kiffin Ole Miss. This is ridiculous.

View attachment 296525
I posted this on another thread. If this is actually the teams added, which is up for debate right now,
UGA and UT will have basically the same schedule.
UGA plays Alabama and Auburn. We play Alabama and LSU. We both play Arkansas. UGA plays MSU and we play Ole Miss. We basically be the same schedule.

Heck I don't care bring the Chiefs to Neyland I'll be sitting there in Orange and my anti Rona gear

It will be interesting to see how much "home field advantage" will mean (for all teams) without a full house.
Yeah, most home field advantages may be negated with the likely exception of them Cajun Tigers. Their fans will probably make more noise outside the stadium than some do inside, especially after the year they had.

Reactions: volmanbill
Miss St. and Arkansas, while we pick up the defending National Champion and and a Lane Kiffin Ole Miss. This is ridiculous.

View attachment 296525

While this could be true, I just did a web search, and I didn't get a single hit detailing any official SEC in-conference schedule. I know Finebaum has SEC connections, but I doubt the league would be pleased with him, or any journalist for that matter, preempting any league announcement on the 2020 schedule.

If this virus has taught me anything, it's to trust only about 25% of what you are hearing or being told.

Reactions: CA_Vol

View attachment 296525
Well, you have to keep in mind that Georgia already has Alabama and Auburn on their schedule. There is no way to do this in a completely equitable fashion... but it wouldn't be fair to put LSU on their schedule, when they already have those two.

And I wouldn't be so concerned about playing Ole Miss... you seem to be suggesting that we should feel apprehensive about playing them because of Kiffin. I don't feel that way at all.

Reactions: volmanbill
I agree with the conference only part, but I don’t think they should add two games. We’re greedy, and believe me I want the season too, but we should stick with the 8 conference games thy are scheduled, with an off week between each one. Gives ample time to test these guys between games, and hopefully for anyone who gets infected to recover somewhat. 10 games with Only one bye week is just asking for failure in my opinion.

VN Store

Back