BREAKING: Grant Williams staying in NBA Draft

Honestly the NBA is changing, and while I agree with you when I have my old basketball hat on, the new NBA has spots for a Grant type player. Especially if he can be solid from three. I think his mid range game and free throw percentage show he can definitely develop that. Not comparing their games, but Draymond Green is a perfect example of how successful undersized 4’s can be in this era.

Draymond is a defensive freak because of his massive wing span. He's the same height as Grant with a 7'1.5" inch wing span. 4 or 5 inches bigger than Grant's. Draymond rebounds and passes and plays defense. Not sure he's a good comparison to Grant other than his height.

Not sure how grant will do in the NBA hope he does awesome but I’ll definitely be rocking a grant Williams jersey unless he goes to the Celtics, cavs, knicks or bucks lol go bulls!

source.gif

Glad you posted this. Just grabbed the KNS, and noticed Adams attempt to recast Game of Thrones with Tennessee people. Adams should be Joffrey.

Draymond is a defensive freak because of his massive wing span. He's the same height as Grant with a 7'1.5" inch wing span. 4 or 5 inches bigger than Grant's. Draymond rebounds and passes and plays defense. Not sure he's a good comparison to Grant other than his height.
Are you saying that Grant doesn't rebound, pass and play defense?

And whines. Don’t forget that (And I’m a Warriors fan)

I think we are way under selling Williams as a defender. You would think a bigger wingspan would mean Green was a superior shot blocker but Williams blows him out of the water in that stat.

To me Williams way more than makes up for his lack of measureables with elite instincts as evidenced with the amount of shot blocks he gets. Also another seldom discussed stat is offensive fouls he draws against his opponent.

Reactions: k-town_king
Reason I said I wasn’t comparing their games. I was using Draymond Green as the best example of how successful an undersized 4 can be in today’s NBA.

Reactions: VolNExile
Article says both Grant and Herro hurt their stock at the combine. This year's draft day is going to be interesting.

Five players who helped their stock, five who didn't at NBA Draft Combine
Herro's limited wingspan caught my attention, too, when I saw his measurements.

I'm surprised that GW made an announcement about his intentions before the scrimmage portion. I guess he felt confident based on his interviews that the scrimmages weren't going to hurt him.

Reactions: volgrad500

I'm surprised that GW made an announcement about his intentions before the scrimmage portion. I guess he felt confident based on his interviews that the scrimmages weren't going to hurt him.

Makes you wonder if he got a promise from a team

I think Grants wing span doesn’t do him any favors as well. I think I saw his and Admirals were the same (I could be wrong). I mean Grants isn’t terrible but a good long one would have surely bolstered his stock some, given his size.

I think Grants wing span doesn’t do him any favors as well. I think I saw his and Admirals were the same (I could be wrong). I mean Grants isn’t terrible but a good long one would have surely bolstered his stock some, given his size.
I've mentioned Grant's average wingspan on a couple of occasions, and it's one of the main reasons there are fewer concerns about a guy like PJ Washington, who is only ¾" taller, but has a 7'-3" wingspan. PJW is a more proven perimeter shooter, as well. Those two differences are why he is talked about as a possible lottery pick and Grant is a fringe 1st rounder

Reactions: volgrad500

VN Store

Back