Breaking down how high the Vols can finish in 21 recruiting class

Good article. Keep in mind that we're talking about the 2021 class, so that it's almost filled this early is uncharted territory for UT. Alot can happen in between now and the first signing date (December) as well as the actual "normal" historical time of their arrival on campus (August, 2021 or 29 days before the 1st game). That's almost 15 months away.

To date, I think JP and co. have demonstrated they have a good eye for talent and, more specifically, the right players for their system. While finishing in the top-5 is important, as long as they're in the top-10 when all's said and done, I think we're good. Think of the top-5 classes we had under BJ. It's only half the battle.

The article is trying to assume this year will be like years past in recruiting. It will not
Covid-19 has drastically changed the landscape. With no camps to rate the players it makes sense that class total rankings would be lower this year than most. For the moment anyway.

Once football starts back up there will be more data to rank players and things may fall in line a bit better. That or it will become more of a popularity show than it already is with rating based on offer lists.

I believe Pruitt can evaluate better than most. That means our targets will earn it on the field or recruiting sites will get tired of Pruitt making them look bad. Either way its a positive for UT.

Good coaches can make a 4 star out of a 3 star. Great coaches can make a 5 star out of a 3 star.

Coach Pruitt has a pedigree for being part of winning programs and guar'o'nteed that those teams did not have all 4 & 5 star recruits. Many coaches in all sports recruit well but, judge character poorly. Right now, I believe our coach is making the best with what was left behind and talented kids are realizing he is the real thing when it comes to judging character. No way he would have recruited me - I'm a baaaaad character.

Reactions: TAF
The recruiting rankings are exactly as published, until the games are played, at which time they don't matter anymore.Look, we agree that Pruitt and staff are good evaluators and developers. But let's remember that we're all Homers -- if you want to look at a recruiting rating, it has to be the same for everybody, even if the services aren't all that accurate, and even if they are exceptionally skewed without their usual camps to do ratings. Everybody says they'll be better than rated (except whoever gets #1 I guess).

Good coaches can make a 4 star out of a 3 star. Great coaches can make a 5 star out of a 3 star.

tenor.gif

24/7 dropped Brooks from a 5 star to a 4 star in the middle of a pandemic when no one is playing, no one is going to camp, etc... Dropped him 43 spots nationally. Convince me the recruiting services no their @$! from a hole in the wall! Won't ever get another dime from me to read their garbage. Couldn't have the #1 recruit in AL going elsewhere so they made a new #1.

Last edited:
24/7 dropped Brooks from a 5 star to a 4 star in the middle of a pandemic when no one is playing, no one is going to camp, etc... Dropped him 43 spots nationally. Convince me the recruiting services no their @$! from a whole in the wall! Won't ever get another dime from me to read their garbage. Couldn't have the #1 recruit in AL going elsewhere so they made a new #1.
He'll get the Bama Bump if he flips to the Gumps.

Reactions: DarthGrim
24/7 dropped Brooks from a 5 star to a 4 star in the middle of a pandemic when no one is playing, no one is going to camp, etc... Dropped him 43 spots nationally. Convince me the recruiting services no their @$! from a hole in the wall! Won't ever get another dime from me to read their garbage. Couldn't have the #1 recruit in AL going elsewhere so they made a new #1.
I was just reading this. Almost every single one of our commitments dropped. Brown and Evans made jumps. What a joke

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthGrim

VN Store

Back