Brandon Warren

the struggles of chris donald??? wat r u talking about he redshirted did everyone say man that rico mckoy is sure a bust when he redhsirted his 1st year... giv them time not everyone can step in lik berry and start and lb at ut is harder to play and we had more depth at lb then db.
n warren if he's able to play will be a tight end

With Fowlkes I used Jamal Anderson. The guy went to Arkansas hellbent on being a WR. He's now a DE with the Atlanta Falcons. I'm not saying Fowlkes will not be a WR here, just don't assume anything until they come up here and practice. What coaches say in January does not always hold true in August.

Gerald Williams is a badass. Regardless of where he's going to play, which DE seems like a good fit for a 250 lb guy with 4.6 speed, he will make plays. Gerald was practicing as a DE when he was here the last time in the summer of 2005.

Well, then we see eye to eye again Justin. I'm not saying he will be a WR or not a DE, but he might be set in his ways.

I think Gerald will be just fine no matter where he is, but if Fowlkes or Ward (probably who ends up losing the "be the big red zone receiver battle) can bulk up a bit to be DE, we'll have plenty of speed and athleticism at DE. I think he'd be more of a badass at MLB. his speed is fast for MLB, sure, but his mix of size and speed would put him farther beyond the cusp at MLB than at DE... where he'd just be a fast DE. Plus, if he's a Godzilla of a hitter... him and Berry taking turns with a little McCoy sprinkled in there knocking people on their tail-ends... :rock:

the struggles of chris donald??? wat r u talking about he redshirted did everyone say man that rico mckoy is sure a bust when he redhsirted his 1st year... giv them time not everyone can step in lik berry and start and lb at ut is harder to play and we had more depth at lb then db.

I don't have a "sideline voice" telling me anything, but regardless calling Donald a bust after not even playing and redshirting a year... and being an emergency fill at DE... is a bit of a stretch. He might just take a little bit to fit in. Plus, maybe his focus was off (hence the academic woes). He's not a stupid kid, I just think he needs to adapt to the "college lifestyle" and that takes some longer than others.

Brown will be in the rotation, why shouldn't he?

Do you not pay any attention to our games? He has played a good bit so far is his career. He is one of our quickest and strongest DE's. What exactly is your problem with him?

Not saying that he shouldn't be in the rotation or that he hasn't played solid at times. What I was saying is that he has nowhere near the athletic ability or speed coming off the edge that Brandon Warren has.

Rico redshirted due to injury, not because he wasn't ready.

Rico redshirted due to injury, not because he wasn't ready.

A broken foot to be exact. He would have played quite a bit as a freshman.

Donald on the other hand, got moved to DE after looking unimpressive at LB.

There is a huge difference there. Not saying Donald sucks or anything like that, but he was not ready to play SEC football and Savion Frazier was, which is another reason to not look at stars when determining how fast a guy will play.

A broken foot to be exact. He would have played quite a bit as a freshman.

Donald on the other hand, got moved to DE after looking unimpressive at LB.

There is a huge difference there. Not saying Donald sucks or anything like that, but he was not ready to play SEC football and Savion Frazier was, which is another reason to not look at stars when determining how fast a guy will play.

This is definitely a good example not to look at stars.

Chris Donald was rated by Rivals last year as the #1 Inside Linebacker in the country, #1 overall player in Tennessee, #18 player overall in the Rivals 100, 5*'s, 6.1 rating (highest you can get), and he redshirted his freshman year.

I think he will make a good player in time, he obviously has some skill. I just think mentally, he wasn't ready yet.

How about letting this kid play "rover" and line up at LB or DE or where ever and rush the passer? At TE, we can utilize him as the deep threat, and Stocker and Cottam in the short passing game.

Any thoughts?

I was just watching CSS Sports on tv and they are having a special recruiting addition. They were talking about UT's recrutiing class and how it was unusually low. What they said that caught my attention was that the rankings does not include Demetrius Morely who will be back and they said it does not include Brandon Warren a transfer from FSU that will be on campus and should make an immediate impact.

Not sure if they know something that we don't or if they are just assuming like everyone else. I know he is not a definite yet due to academic reasons, but everyone feels like he will join the team this summer or at least by fall camp.

Donald played 2a ball at Huntington, I never expected him to play this year.

I never thought he would be an immediate impact either. Not because of the division he played in while he was in high school, but because all he ever did was blitz. I never watched him play but from his videos I've never seen him drop back into coverage. I think that is one of the complaints about him during summer and fall workouts.

I was just watching CSS Sports on tv and they are having a special recruiting addition. They were talking about UT's recrutiing class and how it was unusually low. What they said that caught my attention was that the rankings does not include Demetrius Morely who will be back and they said it does not include Brandon Warren a transfer from FSU that will be on campus and should make an immediate impact.

Not sure if they know something that we don't or if they are just assuming like everyone else. I know he is not a definite yet due to academic reasons, but everyone feels like he will join the team this summer or at least by fall camp.

it's edition and Warren may not even be eligible

He's not a Vol yet. He's still enrolled at Pellissippi St. taking care of academic stuff. If he gets that done, he'll try to be admitted for the summer. Granted he is admitted, he'll then have to go appeal to try to be eligible to play in the fall. Several steps he has to do before he gets on the field but Fulmer said today on the radio that he "saved a scholarship for possibly one more player that isn't enrolled yet."
Brandon has to take 9 hrs between now and this fall and have at least a C average in order to be eligible. Good Luck Brandon, get er done!

He has already been cleared from the NCAA. Now he just needs to qualify academically. He won his appeal already.

That appeal was not the appeal that will allow him to play next season. That was a different appeal. He still needs to get into school before UT can file the paper work for the appeal that would allow him to play next season.

That appeal was not the appeal that will allow him to play next season. That was a different appeal. He still needs to get into school before UT can file the paper work for the appeal that would allow him to play next season.

Correct. The first appeal he won made him not lose a year of eligibility for sitting out last season. He will be a sophomore (eligibility wise) next season. He may still have to redshirt next year and sit, because transfers have to sit a year.

The next appeal, as therickbol says, cannot be filed until he enrolls at Tennessee. This appeal would make him eligible to play in 2008.

I think making a kid sit around two years to play is stupid. He had a good reason to come home and he shouldn't be punished for it.

VN Store

Back