Bracketology 2/2/09

sickemsmokey10

Bracketology - ESPN

6 seed seems about right. could go to a 5 seed.

but this bracket has potential meltdown for me....

#6 Tennessee
#11 Penn. State

#3 Clemson
#14 East Tennessee State

:unsure:

Oh yea Tennessee will make the Tourney. The way I see it, a 6 seed is being generous! Right now we should be closer to 8 or 9. If Tennessee goes on the road and wins at Arkansas and Auburn......Then a 6-7 game win streak is not impossible!!!! We still haven't seen the best out of Chism and Smith yet! And these new guys, especially Negedu are starting to show me they belong on the court. With the exception of Woolridge, he still has a ways to go.

I would cry tears of joy if this is the way the tournament ended up. Penn State is only that high because of their fluke upset of MSU and should be an easy win. And clemson is definitely a generous second round opponent for a 13-7 team. And pitt is by no means unbeatable. Thanks for the generous projections ESPN, try to give us the same thing come tournament time!

I would love to see a UCONN and UNC matchup in the NCAA. UCONN is putting a beatdown on UL tonight.

Ummm...whats the projections for the NIT. Are they out yet? I'd be thrilled if we made the NCAA but one game isnt going to change my opinion that this is just not a very good Tennessee basketball team. With the losses piling up they will have to go on quite a run to end up in the tourney at all and I hope they do it, just as a realist I dont see that happening.

Ummm...whats the projections for the NIT. Are they out yet? I'd be thrilled if we made the NCAA but one game isnt going to change my opinion that this is just not a very good Tennessee basketball team. With the losses piling up they will have to go on quite a run to end up in the tourney at all and I hope they do it, just as a realist I dont see that happening.

I don't disagree - I'm not sure how good this team is overall. But even with our losses our current RPI is 19

2009 NCAA Men's Basketball RPI

with a strength of schedule of 2 according to

RealTimeRPI.com Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet

So I think there is a decent shot of getting into the NCAA tournament. The strong strength of schedule really helps us out in the RPI I think. (I'm certainly no expert on how the selection works, but it seems the RPI plays a reasonably significant role.) How well we might do in the tournament is a different story.

I would love for that scenario to play out.

A 6 seed is being very very kind to us.

We will make the tourney for sure in my opinion. I don't see us having a meltdown. We will still lose a couple of more game, but i see us finishing with 20 wins. I think that is plenty to get us in the dance.

i love it how people have turned on the basketball team just like they turned on the football team... i turned on the football team as well but c'mon this team is goin to be good when it is all said and done they showed how well they can play vs uf... all this team needs is 1 or 2 guards to step up and play consistent basketball. hopson showed he can play lets hope he can build off the uf game... tatum has shown flashes but way to inconsistent and maze has as well

its funny how were a 6 seed yet dont even get a vote for top 25. do the math, a 6 seed times 4 regions is 24-28. i just find that kind of funny, i understand rpi is taking into cnsideration and stuff but i just found it humerous. i do think a 6 seed is fair, maybe a little generous but if we can rattle of 5 in a row id like to see were that put us. maybe we could get up to a 4 if we finish the year on a great run, thatd be a nice surprise after how we started.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If KY loses tonight (I doubt it), they should be left out if a Bracketology is done tomorrow. I realize they only do it weekly, at this point - I'm just saying that KY should be squarely on the bubble, but a 6-seed implies that they are very safe at this point. They played a very awful OOC schedule for an "elite" program.

VN Store

Back