Bracketmatrix

The latest updates have Gonzaga as the last 1 seed. UVA, UNC, Kentucky, Gonzaga in that order. We’re still 7th overall

Changes the bracketing since Anaheim is 4th overall. Tennessee moves back as a 2 seed in the Louisville region against UNC

Changes the bracketing since Anaheim is 4th overall. Tennessee moves back as a 2 seed in the Louisville region against UNC
Would sadly probably be the only way I could see them play this year since I didn’t make it Knoxville. Or if they play in Columbus in the first round.

Reactions: golfballs
Would sadly probably be the only way I could see them play this year since I didn’t make it Knoxville. Or if they play in Columbus in the first round.
Columbus is a great place to watch a game. I went in ‘07 when we played Long Beach and Virginia. Columbus is a great town and the arena is very nice

Reactions: Stoked
Hopefully a lot of Tennessee fans would go. It’s not a bad drive from Knoxville or Nashville

Maybe not. I’ll update tomorrow. Either way wouldn’t make much difference to the bracket

I might agree if KU wins their conference tourney. But as of today, that bracket is puzzling.
It’s entirely driven by the matrix. Aside from them what do you see that’s puzzling? They were the only tweak I made. The committee considers not just missing players when seeding but also coaches. If it’s close and Kansas is the B12 champ then I think they’d edge them out.

It’s entirely driven by the matrix. Aside from them what do you see that’s puzzling? They were the only tweak I made. The committee considers not just missing players when seeding but also coaches. If it’s close and Kansas is the B12 champ then I think they’d edge them out.
No, I get it. I'm not dogging you. And that one issue is the only thing I really take exception to in that bracket. Like I said, if KU wins the Big12T, it may change my mind. They are 6-3 since Vick left and he isn't coming back.

No, I get it. I'm not dogging you. And that one issue is the only thing I really take exception to in that bracket. Like I said, if KU wins the Big12T, it may change my mind. They are 6-3 since Vick left and he isn't coming back.
Predicting what the committee does is a fools errand. So I just rely on the matrix, but following bracketing rules is a little more straightforward. I was reading this week that the committee specifically considers absences (both players and coaches) as well as lopsided conference scheduled. Considering all those factors and assuming KU as the favorite in their tour many I think it could give them the edge.

Bracketville flipped UNC and Duke. We’re a 2 seed in the south with Duke. Kentucky is the 1 seed in the Midwest. Whoever wins our game presumably will be in that spot

He kept LSU as a 3 seed and also has Kansas as a 3

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Bracketville flipped UNC and Duke. We’re a 2 seed in the south with Duke. Kentucky is the 1 seed in the Midwest. Whoever wins our game presumably will be in that spot

He kept LSU as a 3 seed and also has Kansas as a 3

It's not this simple but might be

Win today and we get unc as the 2 in KC

Lose today and we get Duke as the 1 seed in Louisville

Tennessee will win today and "the powers" will still find a reason to give them a 2 seed. Duke went from being a clear 2 seed after losing to NC for a second time and now all the sudden they are "the clear overall #1 seed". Tennessee beats "full strength" UK and takes 2 of 3 this year. But you know, conference tournaments dont matter. Unless these folks need it to make their case. Maybe I'll be surprised if an when common sense wins the day.

Tennessee will win today and "the powers" will still find a reason to give them a 2 seed. Duke went from being a clear 2 seed after losing to NC for a second time and now all the sudden they are "the clear overall #1 seed". Tennessee beats "full strength" UK and takes 2 of 3 this year. But you know, conference tournaments dont matter. Unless these folks need it to make their case. Maybe I'll be surprised if an when common sense wins the day.
During the FSU/Duke game last night, Bilas said Duke was the clear overall #1 even if they lost that game. Basically saying, those 6 losses should be disregarded. Jay should just remove the “L” from his last name.

Reactions: Sudden Impact

VN Store

Back