Bracketmatrix

Not sure what the committee will define as 'natural region'. If it's relatively loose, the Vols are a higher seed than Michigan, so would stay on the east coast, while Michigan would go out west. They don't always bracket the 1 overall vs 8 overall. Based on seeding, these regions are all very close

Yep

That makes all 4 1 seeds relatively close to home. Moving unc to KC woudnt do that
Just depends on how the committee interprets ‘natural region’. Is Louisville in UNC’s natural region? Not sure. Based on their comments about Kansas in their top 16 reveal it seems like they could put UK in Louisville regardless

Just depends on how the committee interprets ‘natural region’. Is Louisville in UNC’s natural region? Not sure. Based on their comments about Kansas in their top 16 reveal it seems like they could put UK in Louisville regardless

Explain what Kansas has to do with it

Explain what Kansas has to do with it
They were talking about Kansas being in Kansas City as a 4 seed and they basically said they’d put them there as long as the bracket strength were balanced. I feel like they might do the same with Kentucky

All the brackets in the matrix have been updated through yesterdays games. This seed order is more difficult to bracket, so the committee might flex some of their principles should it end up like this.
Capture.PNG

Reactions: feathersax
All the brackets in the matrix have been updated through yesterdays games. This seed order is more difficult to bracket, so the committee might flex some of their principles should it end up like this.
View attachment 197340

I really like the brackets that Bracketville is showing this morning. Now they have us as the 2 seed in the south with UNC as the 1 seed. That's much better than the 2 seed in the east with Va as the 1 seed. Looks like a pretty easy path to the elite 8 game.

Reactions: feathersax
I really like the brackets that Bracketville is showing this morning. Now they have us as the 2 seed in the south with UNC as the 1 seed. That's much better than the 2 seed in the east with Va as the 1 seed. Looks like a pretty easy path to the elite 8 game.
It’s because he has us seeded over Mich St. where the matrix has mich st over us

I have this feeling that Tennessee will end up against Wofford in the second round or Buffalo in a Sweet 16 matchup. Those are poor matchups for the Vols.

I have this feeling that Tennessee will end up against Wofford in the second round or Buffalo in a Sweet 16 matchup. Those are poor matchups for the Vols.

Watching wofford a few nights ago and I'd welcome that matchup. Not impressed with their wild shot selection

Last edited:
Bracketville has Gonzaga unchanged in his seed list. However that doesn’t necessarily mean other teams won’t pass them. I think Duke/UNC likely will as well as UK/UT. Fortunately for the Zags neither of these teams are on opposite sides of their conference tourney brackets so it will make it harder for 3 of the four to pass them. If MSU wins the B1GT then it will be interesting to see. Zags will almost certainly be top 4 in the NET.

Bracketville has Gonzaga unchanged in his seed list. However that doesn’t necessarily mean other teams won’t pass them. I think Duke/UNC likely will as well as UK/UT. Fortunately for the Zags neither of these teams are on opposite sides of their conference tourney brackets so it will make it harder for 3 of the four to pass them. If MSU wins the B1GT then it will be interesting to see. Zags will almost certainly be top 4 in the NET.
I agree they haven’t fallen off the 1 seed line, they opened the door to be passed where as a win would’ve locked it in, but as of now they’re still a 1 seed imo.

Not that I see it happening but I will gladly tak opening losses from both UNC and Duke.

I think they will be the #1 seed overall and we're nowhere near the lowest #2 if that happens.
Its based on the current bracket matrix which has us as the 7th overall seed. I don’t think that’s unreasonable...

VN Store

Back