Bowl tickets

LigmaVols

Orange blooded 🍊
Anyone buying orange bowl tickets early? Was wondering how much ticket prices will go up after the game is announced?

A decent ticket is $360 before fees. These are probably 20%. If I weren’t working I would already have bought a ticket. Miami!

If we've learned anything from the past, don't jump ahead and get bowl tix. I can't remember what year it was, but I remember a lot of Vol fans purchasing tix for a certain bowl that we were sure of we were going to and it all changed Sunday evening to another bowl

If you dont mind losing money, go ahead and by some tickets. But good luck selling them for what you paid for them if we end up at the Cotton bowl (highly likely atp)

Reactions: volfaninky
If we've learned anything from the past, don't jump ahead and get bowl tix. I can't remember what year it was, but I remember a lot of Vol fans purchasing tix for a certain bowl that we were sure of we were going to and it all changed Sunday evening to another bowl
I think that was 2014, a lot of people believed the projections and bought tickets for the Liberty Bowl. Then when the bids officially came out, UT was in the Gator Bowl instead

Reactions: NO SIR EEE
I’m holding off just in case we have a wild championship weekend. Rooting for all the underdogs. Then to Knoxville to support the men and women’s bball teams.

I think that was 2014, a lot of people believed the projections and bought tickets for the Liberty Bowl. Then when the bids officially came out, UT was in the Gator Bowl instead
That is correct. I waited it out luckily, that's the year we played Iowa down there and I'll never forget that Iowa fan sitting in front of me turning to me and telling me that he would NEVER make that far of a drive again for this ****. HAHA.

Sounds right. I do remember a bunch of Vols got caught holding Liberty Bowl tickets.

I wouldn't purchase tickets yet... things are a little fluid right now. The bowl selections are more about money than making sense from the rankings currently. I'd wait until Sundy

We got in the last Orange Bowl for $10 outside the stadium and that was a championship game. We have found that going to bowl games without tickets saves you 100’s. Never been turned away. Always extras on game days and stadiums never full.

Sec championship and playoffs are different story.

Last edited:
Anyone buying orange bowl tickets early? Was wondering how much ticket prices will go up after the game is announced?
I'm a little gun shy on throwing money down. I Was close to pulling the trigger on tix to the SC massacre. What an expensive miserable ride home that would have been.

It's not wise to buy a bowl game ticket before the teams are announced unless you just want to attend that bowl game regardless of who's playing. I tried that a few years ago and I gave the tickets away when Tennessee didn't get the invite.

DO NOT BUY ORANGE BOWL TICKETS YET

Looks like there is a fairly good chance we are going to get screwed in our bowl placement.

VN Store

Back