Bowl Ticket Prices

I posted in a different thread but I couldn’t get rid of extra tickets on game day 2010. I got $10 for the pair 30 minutes before kickoff. These were corporate tickets purchased to give to customers. I suspect there will be plenty of these flowing esp for TN vs Purdue on a cold Dec day.
In 2016 for the Nebraska game we had the exact opposite experience. I refused to pay asking price online and said we’d find them there for way less; problem was I didn’t think about UN and traveling as well as they do. We were less than 30 min from kickoff and wound up paying more than asking price (minus all the fees) that we would’ve paid buying them through UT/Ticketmaster.

yeah these are higher than normal. ive been to three bowls in the past and didnt spend more than $80 the tickets.... id wait a little bit longer though and see what surfaces up on ebay. that's where i've got mine in the past

Just bought 4 from Purdue (lower levels for $91 each).
Damn you! I paid $112 for upper deck after all the damn fees through Ticketmaster. My question is why is UT not selling them directly or was their allotment so small it went to high priority folks first and they got gone? I’m a season ticket holder in multiple sports and never got an offer from UT to buy them and when I went through Allvols.com yesterday it immediately re-directed me to Ticketmaster.

Damn you! I paid $112 for upper deck after all the damn fees through Ticketmaster. My question is why is UT not selling them directly or was their allotment so small it went to high priority folks first and they got gone? I’m a season ticket holder in multiple sports and never got an offer from UT to buy them and when I went through Allvols.com yesterday it immediately re-directed me to Ticketmaster.
It’s sad TN isn’t doing what Purdue is. I just happened to see it on a Vol Facebook page with people suggesting to go to Purdue’s site.

In 2016 for the Nebraska game we had the exact opposite experience. I refused to pay asking price online and said we’d find them there for way less; problem was I didn’t think about UN and traveling as well as they do. We were less than 30 min from kickoff and wound up paying more than asking price (minus all the fees) that we would’ve paid buying them through UT/Ticketmaster.

Yeah, that's the risk you take. I bought tickets this morning for $85 in the 3rd level plus fees, which is too stinking high I agree, but there weren't any parking passes to be had and there weren't all that many tickets available on the SEC side. I've been to every football game played in Nissan except for the odd Vandy game every now and then. Do a little sight seeing and bar hopping on Lower Broad. It's a good time and not as expensive as it could be if I were buying hotel rooms in downtown Nashville.

This will be the first time that we've been in the MCB and I have no interest in going. Wife and I are planning a big trip in March, so we gotta save some $$. TV will be just fine.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Yeah, that's the risk you take. I bought tickets this morning for $85 in the 3rd level plus fees, which is too stinking high I agree, but there weren't any parking passes to be had and there weren't all that many tickets available on the SEC side. I've been to every football game played in Nissan except for the odd Vandy game every now and then. Do a little sight seeing and bar hopping on Lower Broad. It's a good time and not as expensive as it could be if I were buying hotel rooms in downtown Nashville.
My wife is from Nashville and with all her family still there, we spend way too much time up there. I’ve seen it change drastically in the 12 years we’ve been together and there’s nothing I enjoy about it now, other than getting out. Even her being born and raised there, she’s had a change of heart about it; she’s gotten too used to the less traffic, less grunge and Nashville’s loss of southerness feel, after living in smaller towns.

My wife is from Nashville and with all her family still there, we spend way too much time up there. I’ve seen it change drastically in the 12 years we’ve been together and there’s nothing I enjoy about it now, other than getting out. Even her being born and raised there, she’s had a change of heart about it; she’s gotten too used to the less traffic, less grunge and Nashville’s loss of southerness feel, after living in smaller towns.

Coming to a small Tennessee town near you. Californians buying family farms for $25k an acre. Happening all over middle Tennessee right now and Knoxville area. Nashville at least finally has music venues besides the Grand Ole Opry and Lower Broad is booming. I'll admit, I only go a couple times a year because of parking headaches and sometimes we'll park and ride or get an Uber to take parking out of the equation. Best way to enjoy a Braves game in Atlanta as well.

Coming to a small Tennessee town near you. Californians buying family farms for $25k an acre. Happening all over middle Tennessee right now and Knoxville area. Nashville at least finally has music venues besides the Grand Ole Opry and Lower Broad is booming. I'll admit, I only go a couple times a year because of parking headaches and sometimes we'll park and ride or get an Uber to take parking out of the equation. Best way to enjoy a Braves game in Atlanta as well.
Yes, the housing market-land prices are absurd. I have the opportunity to relocate to middle TN after my company went through a merger and we have a regional office in LaVergne, but after looking at housing up there it’s literally impossible. The house we sold in Maury County a few years ago, sold for $60k more just 2 years later. I’m going to keep riding it out in north AL for the time being where things are still somewhat “reasonable”.

Reactions: tbwhhs
In my experience, when dealing with bowl games in a local market, you get your best value on or near gameday via scalping. It's a bit spicier for travel bowl games. Bowl ticket prices are higher from scalpers when you're a fan traveling to a bowl game away from your home market, because the scalpers know you either buy the ticket or you've wasted a lot of money to come to a city and then not see the game. The Music City Bowl, however, a Tennessee fan can just drive home in an hour or two. That helps with negotiating a price from scalpers. The best negotiating tool you have is walking away, and the Music City Bowl lets you keep that tool in the toolkit.

In my experience, when dealing with bowl games in a local market, you get your best value on or near gameday via scalping. It's a bit spicier for travel bowl games. Bowl ticket prices are higher from scalpers when you're a fan traveling to a bowl game away from your home market, because the scalpers know you either buy the ticket or you've wasted a lot of money to come to a city and then not see the game. The Music City Bowl, however, a Tennessee fan can just drive home in an hour or two. That helps with negotiating a price from scalpers. The best negotiating tool you have is walking away, and the Music City Bowl lets you keep that tool in the toolkit.

If I can’t get a ticket, I’ll just start my evening at McNamara's Irish Pub a little early. Then, Uber to the hotel. No driving home.

Wait until a few days before the game and the ticket prices should come down out of desperation to sell as many tickets as possible.

I just did the same thing on the Purdue website, says it will offer next best available seats or refunded in full if mine are purchased from their priority members. Said deadline for purchases is 12/9/21, so I am assuming we will know something shortly after that.
I have a feeling we will still be seating in a sea of orange.

Took family to see D. Barnett get the TN sack record against Nebraska and sat in north endzone, paid $500.00 for those back then. Same seats this year was running almost $800.00.

I ordered 8 from Purdue site. Club level, they are $124 each and that includes all fees. Crazy difference than Ticketmaster.

I ordered club because I don’t wanna get stuck in lowers with their band or students, I know they won’t be in club.

VN Store

Back